PDA

View Full Version : Clearance Lamps

JIM KELLER
08-10-2007, 10:00 AM
Just finished replacing all side marker lamps so they would be clean and clear. Starting on roof clearance lamps at the front and rear. Notice that the original gaskets are very thin at 1/16.'' New replacement gaskets part # 930323 are much thicker at 1/4.'' If the screws are long enough the new thicker gaskets on the curved portions of the front and rear caps might work better. I remember Jon saying he put a thin bead of silicone along the tops of his lamps to keep the moisture out.

tdelorme
08-10-2007, 11:06 AM
So, Jim, are you saying you replaced the whole clearance lamp assembly? I like the thicker gasket deal, but I have always just replaced the covers. This is one of those jobs that anybody can do and it really perks up the coaches looks. We should have a list of all the little detail jobs that are easy, cheap and keep a coach looking sharp.

dalej
08-10-2007, 11:28 AM
Jim, if you took photos, please post so we can get a visual on it. I'm looking for LED replacements for the clearence lights, but haven't found any yet.

MangoMike
08-10-2007, 01:16 PM
Dale,

International Bus Parts 800 468-5287 has LED clearance lights.

Jim - I hope you left the darkside and went the LED route. ;)

Howto on the side marker lights with comparison to IBP and Prevost.
http://www.prevoman.com/Pages/Pictures/page2.html

Mike

JIM KELLER
08-10-2007, 03:57 PM
Dale,

International Bus Parts 800 468-5287 has LED clearance lights.

Jim - I hope you left the darkside and went the LED route. ;)

Howto on the side marker lights with comparison to IBP and Prevost.
http://www.prevoman.com/Pages/Pictures/page2.html

Mike

Mike, I guess I stayed on the "dark side." I like the conventional fixtures more than the LED's for my year coach. Like Roger said in his 1-8-07 Post under True Confessions, "LED's just dont have "THE FLOW." Never could get that LED BRIGHT OUT picture out of my mind.

lewpopp
08-10-2007, 09:29 PM
Dale, as for posting pictures of small jobs, I have several I took on the front side stationery windows that I replaced.

I have the pictures and want to put a caption under each one in order. Mr Mango Pizza had mentioned earlier to send them to him and he would post them.. That seems easy to you guys and I would sure like someone to pop in here and send them for me. I cannot figure it out.

dalej
08-10-2007, 10:20 PM
Lew, now that you have your tubes cleaned and your valve job done, lets get down to this computer stuff. ;) You call 402.756.2000 or 402.740.5539 and I will walk you thru it. I know what you are thinking, #$@#$$#$@#$#$ I don't need this stuff!