PDA

View Full Version : Heading to San Diego For a Few Days

GDeen
08-07-2007, 11:06 AM
Any Dealers with inventory you recommend in that area?? See if I can convince the family to make that part of our vacation.:cool:

jello_jeep
08-07-2007, 01:32 PM
Along the way, give Steve at California Coach a call & see what he has in stock. He is one of our forum sponsers, and a heck of a nice guy too!

There is a link for him on the home page. ;)

He is in Orange County, about an hour North of SD

GDeen
08-12-2007, 11:14 PM
Thanks JJ - called them from La Jolla and spoke to "Brad." Thought about driving up but he only had an older H3-40 in stock. Decided to hang out at the beach instead.

jello_jeep
08-12-2007, 11:35 PM
No worries mate... Steve is the best... Talk about a REGULAR guy selling high end rvs.. No games.. Bo bs.... Steve is a 10 !

Not a paid avers either !...

Best of luck to you .:)

merle&louise
08-13-2007, 08:44 AM
Gordon,

Gary S posted a site having a Prevost with a bath and a half. It is a really nice H3-45. I think it also has OTR and 2 slides.

http://www.rvonline.com/single-ad.asp?Recnumber=37234

Good luck hunting!

GDeen
08-13-2007, 09:50 AM
Thanks Tuga - that is an very interesting coach and one of the only Prevost' I have seen in ads with 1.5 baths.

Is Vantare part of Featherlite?

Ordered the brochure to get more info...

GDeen
08-13-2007, 02:56 PM
Figured out the Vantare question - duh...

Is it just me or does there seem to be a lot of H3 Vantare's on the market? Any particular reason? I searched FL/Vantare on POG and found a couple of satisfied owners. The non Prevost slides are of concern to some. How is the Featherlite conversion overall in comparison to Liberty, Marathon, etc?

Received more info on that unit in particular - very nice indeed. Lots of extras, good storage, good layout inside with King bed and 1.5 bath.

Jon Wehrenberg
08-13-2007, 06:38 PM
Gordon,

Vantare at one time was building a lot of H3 conversions so it follows you will see a lot on the market.

The only people that can (should) answer how the two compare are:

1. Owners that have had both conversions, or

2. You, after you have done a detailed look at both, including systems operation and have formed an opinion.