PDA

View Full Version : Aqua Hot Black Smoke

Danss
08-06-2007, 09:08 PM
My Aqua Hot works wonderful.... Always plenty of hot water.....But one problem, it puts out a lot of smoke... in fact my white water hose is now 1/2 black and my red waste hose is 1/2 black! Is there any adjustment to lean the mixture or whatever to correct this? Thanks, Dan

MangoMike
08-06-2007, 09:18 PM
Dan,

I know one of the Poggers had a situation where there was white smoke when the batteries were low.

I would suggest starting by changing the nozzle to make sure it's not a problem by feeding extra fuel to the chamber. It's only about $18 part and should be done yearly in any case.

Mike

MangoMike
08-06-2007, 09:25 PM
Dan,

Here's a thread from the past you might want to read on the Webasto. I know you have an Aquahot, but the combustion chamber is from the Webasto.

Mike

http://forum.prevostownersgroup.com/showthread.php?t=518&highlight=webasto

merle&louise
08-06-2007, 09:56 PM
Dan,

I know one of the Poggers had a situation where there was white smoke when the batteries were low.

I would suggest starting by changing the nozzle to make sure it's not a problem by feeding extra fuel to the chamber. It's only about $18 part and should be done yearly in any case.

Mike

Dans,

I was the POGGER who had white smoke @ Santa Fe. I changed the nozzle and still had smoke, but it changed to black. I ultimately discovered that my alternator was not charging. Once the alternator was replaced, the smoke disappeared. The Aqua Hot was producing hot water throughtout the entire problem of white and then black smoke.

grantracy
08-07-2007, 06:53 AM
My Aqua Hot works wonderful.... Always plenty of hot water.....But one problem, it puts out a lot of smoke... in fact my white water hose is now 1/2 black and my red waste hose is 1/2 black! Is there any adjustment to lean the mixture or whatever to correct this? Thanks, Dan

I am having exactly the same problem,produces plenty of hot water but black smoke and soot. I am currently hooked to shore power and assume it is getting the power it needs . Let me know if you are able to correct problem ( I will do the same)

Danss
08-07-2007, 08:33 AM
The smoke appears when I am hooked to shore power so I assume power is okay. I have never noticed it when running. Will try changing filter when reaching home. (in Co. now) Thanks for the info

Jon Wehrenberg
08-07-2007, 09:31 AM
Depending on how your circuits are wired you may not have the power you need.

You can have shore or generator power but your battery charger may not be keeping the batteries up so it is always best when having any problems with the bus or the systems to start with the basics and verify power. Something as simple as a bad ground can end up being the problem.