PDA

View Full Version : Corvette Factory And Museum Rally??

Jon Wehrenberg
08-04-2007, 04:32 PM
Is there any interest among the group for a two or three day rally that would include a tour of the Corvette Assembly Plant and the National Corvette Museum located at exit 28, Interstate 65 Bowling Green KY?

I just returned from there and was fascinated by both. The people there are willing to provide on site parking for us (dry camping) and based on my experience they welcome you with open arms. If there is sufficient interest I will contact the manager of the museum to develop further details and some dates. This would be something that could be for next year, or possibly as a pre-rally location prior to Branson.

Please indicate interest and if possible a preference on when this would work best for you.

Joe Cannarozzi
08-04-2007, 07:26 PM
Jon

Isin't that real close to Mammoth Caves? Could be a two-fur.

Toy Box
08-05-2007, 09:16 AM
Sounds super. Count us in. Be sure to bring your big nuts.

rmboies
08-05-2007, 10:18 AM
details and some dates. This would be something that could be for next year, or possibly as a pre-rally location prior to Branson.

Please indicate interest and if possible a preference on when this would work best for you.

Jon, Bob-03/00 and I are interested for next year. This year seems rather full for us at this point in time. After Bob committed to going he then asked if it was a requirement to buy a new vette first--I told him it definitely was because I MISS OUR VETTES! If only we had kept all Bob's previous vettes we could have had our own museum, particularly with the old split window, remember those? Does your new one have the paddleshift?

merle&louise
08-05-2007, 11:38 AM
Jon,

We are interested, but like Debi & Bob, next year would be better. We have LSU tailgating for the remainder of this year + a Charleston trip in October after the wedding which will preclude the Branson rally.

I had a 1965 Corvette Sting Ray that was Nassau blue with white leather interior, 4 speed, and I believe it was a 327 w/4 barrel. Man I would love to see one like that again. Nothing like old memories; except maybe owning one today.

Does anybody know what year had the split back glass? That was really cool:cool:

Toy Box
08-05-2007, 12:05 PM
63 that was the first and only.

Just Plain Jeff
08-05-2007, 12:12 PM
I had, I think it was an 85. Anyway, it was the first year the ABS brakes came out furnished by the Australian company that couldn't make ABS brakes work on a Vette.

Great car, just couldn't stop it.

Since the shop had it more than I did, they offered to buy it back, which I did. Kinda leaves ya with a bad taste?

But boy was it a smooth cruiser.

rmboies
08-05-2007, 01:21 PM
63 that was the first and only.

Yes, and if only Bob had kept his! Here are some pics of four of the five vettes we have had since we met over 29 years ago. I don't have photos of the ones pre-Debi:D The blue= 1965, yellow= 1968, white=1976, red=1978(Silver Anniversary edition) and I can't find a picture of our last one that was a two tone silver/grey 1985 with an L98 engine. Maybe Jon will take pity on me and let me drive his red one:rolleyes:

Jon Wehrenberg
08-06-2007, 08:34 AM
My first was also a split window coupe. The date is wide open since this is to just find the level of interest.

If we can get a good showing I will see what dates will work.