PDA

View Full Version : ZIP DEE Replacement

garyde
08-04-2007, 12:59 AM
:mad:Drove 2 hours the other night to LA area to have new Zip Dee awing installed the next morning. Got there late, slept until 8:00 AM. The owner of the company doing the work, knocked on my door about 8:30 AM with the good news/bad news story. Seems he did not recieve all the parts from Zip Dee. I could stay there and wait another day (not possible) or reschedule

Now, this guy had the awning and parts for almost 2 weeks and never checked the packing. I spoke with him about 4 times prior to the install date. He tried to blame it on Zip Dee, I think it was his error for not checking the material.
Anyway, don't show up for an appointment until you make sure they have verified with you all the material was ordered and delivered. I wasted basically one evening and another 1/2 day plus I have to go back in two weeks!

Joe Cannarozzi
08-04-2007, 01:16 PM
Were you ever able to come to any conclusions as to why the awning failed?

merle&louise
08-04-2007, 03:26 PM
Hi Gary,

I just changed the Zip Dee material on 2 slides and 1 window on my coach. My friend Francis helped me, and we were able to do it in about 4 hours. The most difficult part was climbing up and down the ladders. It is fairly easy to change out the Sunbrella material. The tools needed were a pop rivet gun, screw drivers, etc.

If you want to try it yourself let me know and I can go into a little more detail.

garyde
08-06-2007, 02:20 AM
Hello Joe, no idea why we lost it. It is designed to stay locked, so I have to assume the Lock on the motor broke.
Hello Tuga. I am refering to the 16 foot Electric/Air Awning I had to order from Zip Dee to replace the one the wind tore off in Nevada on my way home from Idaho. It is more than I want to deal with but I will be watching and helping.