PDA

View Full Version : Taco Tour II

MangoMike
08-04-2007, 12:11 AM
We'll we picked up JDUB's new ride from fellow Pogger Jack14R, hitting the road on Friday.

Can't seem to wipe the smile off the man's face.

The most important part of the PDI - making sure the 42" plasma was working properly.

Jack may have more toys in his garage than Jon. Notice his new Liberty.

more to come...

MangoMike
08-04-2007, 12:16 AM
We made it about 2.3 miles down the road, before spotting this joint.

JDUB had spotted the smokers outback almost immediatley.

Never met a BBQ he didn't like.

Finally on the road, with plenty of carry-out in tow, to meet fellow Poggers, Loc and family, Mickie & Fast Roger and Debi and Bob-00 for MORE BBQ.

(Note the huge windscreen).

Since the meltdown at POG and the change in login, JDUB hasn't a clue what his password is. Back in the master suite is frantically trying to get online while I lounge out front posting my brains out.

more to come...

garyde
08-04-2007, 12:35 AM
The Jdub must be pleased. Is it Marathon? Slides? 2002,2003? How's the Royal Throne?

MangoMike
08-04-2007, 07:59 AM
Gary,

2001 Marathon, no slides, 46k miles. Extremely nice! Will get you a few more pixs. We're just outside of Atlanta heading down to meet Tuga.

MIke

MangoMike
08-04-2007, 08:47 AM
A quick little POG rally at Bear Creek Park (location of the 40 coach Parliament Rally last year), in Asheville, NC. Every body got to ooh and aahh over the newest member of the Winchester family.

Can't get enough. Debi cooked up some great bbq and a couple of fantastic desserts. BOB-00 is a lucky guy.

PlasticCrackerTom and Nancy hopped on the Harley from Sturgis for a quick bite. Always good to see them participate in a POG function.

more to come...

rmboies
08-04-2007, 09:21 AM
It was great fun seeing everyone in Asheville last night. All I can say is "WOW, FABULOUS COACH JERRY AND RAE!". Loved everything about the new Marathon and particularly liked the floorplan--so roomy!! The interior pic Mango posted is not JDUB'S coach but a nice interior of somebody's coach:D Here are some pics I took and as always, just wonderful visiting with our POG family;) I will send some pics. The first two are the new "JDUB mobile with Bob and Mango and Loc's cute svelte beagle Winston.

rmboies
08-04-2007, 09:25 AM
Roger and Loc trying to buy there way into the two bus club:D Then typical guys opening the bays and starting their own POG classes!

rmboies
08-04-2007, 09:31 AM
This shows the beautiful view from the Bear Creek RV park in Asheville. Very nice place nestled in a wooded area. Finally, the dinner crew: Debi, Micki, Courtney, Roger, JDUB, Mango, Loc and Bob. Loc's two adorable sons, Miller and Murphy were in the coach playing so I missed taking their pics--my bad!!

truk4u
08-04-2007, 10:19 AM
Anyone wanting to enter the next Taco Tour has only one requirement! You just have to own 2 buses.:eek: Looks like you'll had a great time, wish we really were there, but someone has to look after Bill in Sturgis.

Hey Mango, give us a break on the yellow shirt!:D

No e-mail or posting from the laptop for Truk, hard drive is DOA, using a campground puter just to make sure there are no more airstrikes.

rfoster
08-04-2007, 10:41 AM
Good time and Good food. Beautiful Coach. great floor plan, and a real head turner.

Loc and I certainly were priviledged to be among the largest Known group of the TWO BUS CLUB that exist in the US today. We were not worthy, but we ate beans with the rest of them.

Truck : Your picture (& Nance) turned out better than you did!

Harry: You should have been there - you are the only other member of the Two Bus Club that I know of not there. I missed the roll Call!

hhoppe
08-04-2007, 11:41 AM
Roger: Don't remind me, we would have loved to be there. Everyone looks like they are having great fun. Mango has that look of envy when looking at JDUB's stainless steel Beauty. That's OK Mango you can hang with the plastic Trukster. Ashville is one of our favorite locations. It's on the to do list. Maybe a POG rally in the near future. Get on it Jim. We'll have to wait for Branson to meet, greet and eat meat. I hope were all not going to be too scattered.
Sure glad to hear my side kick Lew made it through surgery with flying colors.
Hurry back Lew this young whipper snappers get hard to handle at times.
Great looking Stainless Steel Coach JDUB.

MangoMike
08-04-2007, 01:01 PM
Harry, Harry, Harry,

JDUB may have some high maintenance stainless on the side but my H3 bays will carry a heard of cattle from the North 40.

Debi,

Not only a great smokemaster but a sharp eye. Posted those pixs late last night and that interior shot is actually of Jack's beautiful new Liberty. Will get some interior shots of the dubmobile with JDUB in his skivies in the background.

Fast Roger,
You still crack me up.

Mike

jello_jeep
08-04-2007, 02:16 PM
If you were a REAL man, and kept your BEAUTIFUL Marathon, your poor laptop wouldn't have gotten all beaten up rolling down the highway in the resin rig, and you Plastikkracster self wouldn't have to be sneaking into the RV office with Billy BoB, and the country bumpkin crowd, trying to get some computer time inbetween their fruitless google searches for hee-haw, Roy Clark, and sen-sen.

Oh the shame of it all!!

No e-mail or posting from the laptop for Truk, hard drive is DOA, using a campground puter just to make sure there are no more airstrikes.

hhoppe
08-04-2007, 09:18 PM
Mango because of guys like you my Grand Daughters will have to go without shoes because the metal shop doesn't have SS panels to build. Oh you haul cattle, that explains a lot. Have fun in the summer, were looking forward to seeing y'all in Branson.

MangoMike
08-05-2007, 12:53 AM
JDUB and I stopped in Baton Rouge for dinner meeting with Tuga and Karen

Great dinner with thanks to Tuga for treating us.

The real inside photo of the new bus.

Shower sizemology testing.

Harry if the shop needs some SS work I suggest you attend the next Jimmy Buffett concert ;)

more to come...

MangoMike
08-05-2007, 01:52 AM
Trukman and Nance motor down from Asheville to join us for a late supper.

Jerry Winchester
08-05-2007, 07:46 AM
Thanks Tuga and Karen for coming to hang out with us and for the lovely glasses. And after the great dinner at Mike Anderson's, we spent the evening with the elusive Sting, so what a great day. This guy is too funny and we appreciate him hooking us up with a parking spot in Port Allen and we are really looking forward to seeing is new coach.

We logged around 750 miles with the new coach easing along at 7.2 mpg, so I was a happy camper.

And thanks again to Krak4U and Nancy for taking the time to hog it on down from Asheville to make sure we would be happy here in Baton Rouge. I can't wait to see where they show up next.

Mr. Happy is crashed in the front of the coach, so I need to think of another unique way to wake him up this morning. Yesterday I went out and unplugged the shore power knowing that the alarm would go off inside the coach......

rmboies
08-05-2007, 08:29 AM
[QUOTE=MangoMike;16327]Trukman and Nance motor down from Asheville to join us for a late supper.
ATTACH]

Wow, Truk and Nancy are sure making the rounds.....how nice of them to be in Asheville and then follow you to Louisiana:D

Tuga and Karen, miss you both and you look great as always. Headed towards Charleston anytime soon??

I can't think of two more appropriate POG members for Sting to meet in person--if he can survive the Taco Twins he is ok in my book;)

Jerry Winchester
08-05-2007, 08:40 AM
Debi,

They would have made it here sooner, but the Krakster said the "Low Beer" light kept coming on and he had to stop repeatedly to fix it. Just like a Harley; you ride'em - you work on 'em.

merle&louise
08-05-2007, 09:07 AM
Debi,

Karen and I are tentatively planning a trip to Charleston in October, if it happens we will try to come by for a visit. We would love to see Castleridge Farms.

We had a great time at Mike Anderson's in BR with the TACO dudes. The food was great but the serivce was poor. The laughs never stopped though. Jerry that is one beautiful bus; man, I want one!:D That shore power cord is cool. And you know how much I like the shower.

Hey Lew, we were thinking about you last night - hope you get home soon!

jack14r
08-05-2007, 09:26 AM
Jerry

That bus has only been to horse shows and vintage races for the last several years,I am certain the bus is having a new experience with the two of you.I see from the pictures that you have figured out all the light switches.Call me when you get home and let me know how the family likes it. Jack

rmboies
08-05-2007, 10:12 AM
Jerry
That bus has only been to horse shows and vintage races for the last several years,I am certain the bus is having a new experience with the two of you.I Jack

Jack, how about some pics of your gorgeous new coach?? The few pics that Jerry sent look beautiful. Are you coming to any horse shows in the south?

Debi

MangoMike
08-05-2007, 12:11 PM
Unbelievable! We pull into Waffle House for a little pre-breakfast warm up stop and look who's waiting to join us. True friends like that are hard to find.

AP you and Mrs. "what's this button do" could take a lesson from them.;)

jack14r
08-05-2007, 12:53 PM
Debi,We will be going to Louisville on the 21 of august,Raleigh the 19th of Sept.Lexington,VA the 3rd of Oct.Raleigh the 24th of Oct.and that should end the season.We went to Clemson in April.We have 2 Saddlebreds mares,a Country pleasure and a 3 gated My wife rides the country pleasure mare,and our trainer rides the 3 gated mare,we bought the 3 gated mare in Feb.and she has shown at Clemson,Asheville,and Lexington KY. and won each time.My wife won the championships this year at Raleigh,Clemson,Asheville,Blowing Rock,and she was reserve at Lexington Ky. I will post some pictures tomorrow,I got to go work on the stainless now.Jack

rmboies
08-05-2007, 01:25 PM
the 3 gated mare in Feb.and she has shown at Clemson,Asheville,and Lexington KY. and won each time.My wife won the championships this year at Raleigh,Clemson,Asheville,Blowing Rock,and she was reserve at Lexington Ky. I will post some pictures tomorrow,I got to go work on the stainless now.Jack

Jack, yowza, congratulations!! I cannot believe you didn't let me know you were coming to Clemson or Asheville. I have been to both arenas and they are only about a 40 minute drive from the farm. Oh well, I have a feeling you will be back next year so please LMK? Best of luck on the green tanbark the end of the month!!

Debi

MangoMike
08-06-2007, 06:39 PM
We arrive in Houston right on schedule. And do we head to the Winchester house to meet Rae and the JDUBettes for a family embrace. No. We head right to the best BBQ joint in Houston. Luling's City Market. The family can wait. We're talking priorities here.

You don't buy BBQ here by the plate, you buy it by the pound.

This is my small portion.
POG censors prohibit me from displaying JDUB's portion.

The good news is that Tom and Nancy were able join us with Tom finally picking up a check. Tom took advantage of the custom t-shirt shop next door.

Mango

merle&louise
08-06-2007, 08:12 PM
I only have one question: Does Truk4U's Harley have a V tail?

Jon Wehrenberg
08-06-2007, 08:39 PM
Tuga.......that was waaaay harsh and right on target. Good one.

jello_jeep
08-06-2007, 10:36 PM
Hey guys, that Plasticster seems to have a strange fetish for you guys, he follows you all over! Maybe you should inform his parole agent!!!

Thats some great looking bbq right there!!

Jerry Winchester
08-06-2007, 11:04 PM
Jeep,

I think the PlastiKrakster just likes to hang out with coach guys and when you can find two guys who have 4 coaches between them, then he's hit the mother lode.

And Tuga, I don't think Nancy would take kindly to being called a "Vee Tail", so you might put a sock on that talk. :rolleyes:

We also saw the Krakman out at the David Wayne Hooks airport shortly before the MangoMan and I took the doctor killer out for a spin around the patch. Mike is quite the smooth operator at the controls of the mighty V tail, so look for another pilot to join our ranks before too long.

dalej
08-06-2007, 11:47 PM
Jerry, that sure looks like a really nice bus you got there, will we be able to get a look at Branson? Or do you plan on going?

truk4u
08-07-2007, 09:44 AM
OK, I'm back on line with a new hard drive and I see the turd boys having been really been making airstrikes on the Truckster. Where are all my wingmen while I'm being attacked, "talk to me Goose"....

Jdub takes a spin around the airport!:eek: That's consistent with the Doctor Killers, glad you were able to recover!

Tuga - Ms Truk gave you a pass on the V-tail deal

Mango - Your day is coming, just ask any Vietnam Vet what Ark Lights means!

We're still in Sturgis with Wild Bill and the meek quiet Jodi. Pictures coming soon. Dale and Jan where here for a couple days, had to leave the Bus at home, but rode the Hog like a good biker.

More to follow...........

Jerry Winchester
08-07-2007, 10:40 AM
Yep Dale, I am signed up for Branson and hope to be parked next to the PlastiKrakster. Skiff is going to place him between two stainless Marathons just to increase the agony.

garyde
08-07-2007, 10:53 PM
Yep Dale, I am signed up for Branson and hope to be parked next to the PlastiKrakster. Skiff is going to place him between two stainless Marathons just to increase the agony.

Hey Jerry, be careful with placing a plastic Coach between two Stainless Steel Coaches on a sunny day. They'll melt!:eek:

Jerry Winchester
08-08-2007, 12:05 AM
Good catch there on the Left Coast Gary, but surely that POS has awnings eh? That should cut down on the glare and keep the Krakster from melting down. Anyway, Nancy said there was a short in the "Low Beer" light and the damn think came on so often that they couldn't drive more than 200 mi per day before they had to hit the suds, so they really don't have enough time to get from Sturgis to KrakerLand and back to Branson for P4.......

MangoMike
08-22-2007, 11:34 PM
Official Toad of the Taco Tour II

http://bookofjoe.typepad.com/photos/uncategorized/2007/08/22/unknkkown.gif

mm

Loc
08-23-2007, 06:02 PM
I somehow managed to miss this topic on the POG site (it probably had to do with being on vacation and not taking a computer with me). However, I did have the priviledge of attending the festivities in Asheville and want to correct some factual inaccuracies that may have crept into this thread. What really happened.

1) We had a great meal. Thanks to Debi and Micki for preparing everything from scratch. I had leftovers for several meals and that signficantly reduced the total vacation cost - thanks. Churchill the Wonder Beagle was not happy that I would not share any of the leftovers with him. I am sure JBUD will try to bash poor Churchill with another "gotta let the air bags down so the dog can get in the coach" comment.
2) JDUB has a great looking new bus. We performed the appropriate POG inspection with a thorough viewing of every nook and cranny. Jerry had a permanent possum-eating grin on face for his entire stay in Asheville. He had to turn his head sideways just to get in the door. I am jealous and now want a Deuce.
3) Roger and I had the honor (read horrifying experience) of being in the presence of the largest gathering of POG two-Prevost bus owners ever assembled during the month of August in Asheville on a Friday night at a small campground close to I-40. When those boys get together it is scary. Other campground patrons must have thought the circus had come to town.
4) The brainrust ("t" intentionally omitted) of two bus owners (not you Bob) is even more scary in person while at Wal-Mart late on a Friday night. I didn't figure JDUB for a shopper. It only took him close to two hours to get everything on his preprinted shopping list. I thought Mango and I would have to eat the ice cream I had purchased for the M&M's (boys) or it would melt before Jerry finished. It was a nice milkshake consistency by the time we made it back to the campground.
5) Jerry is very loud. Of course, JDUB wants to get worms so he had to be the early bird. It is 6 am and I hear all manner of thrashing, banging and cussing coming from the site next door. Jerry is trying to ready the Duece for departure. He said that Mango was still sleeping - impossible I say. Fortunately for the rest of the campground, Jerry wanted everyone to save on alarm clock batteries when he fired up and roared out of the park at 6:25 am.
6) Tom and Nancy did not attend the Asheville Prevostpalooza, but were there in spirit. I wish Tom that you had been there. Perhaps then, I and my dog would have gotten less abuse.

rmboies
08-23-2007, 07:27 PM
[QUOTE=Loc;17062]t - I am sure JBUD will try to bash poor Churchill with another "gotta let the air bags down so the dog can get in the coach" comment. "

I don't know how anyone could say that about Churchill Loc, he is in tip top shape! Here he is with the "brainrust" group of that unique club you mentioned:D Oh, and I am glad you enjoyed the leftovers!

truk4u
08-23-2007, 07:32 PM
Loc Nest, sorry I missed it, I would sure have had your back during the abuse.;) It stands to reason that ole num nuts didn't remember the campground quiet hours, bet he fast idled for 10 minutes, pissing off all the plastic sleepers...

Oh by the way, notice the "I'm bad crotch grap by the flame snuffer trying to find himself".

And Mango, get a different freeking shirt will ya!

Big Bob's thinking, "these two are nuts"...

Jerry Winchester
08-24-2007, 12:26 AM
You know, the first liar never stands a chance, so in the spirit of full disclosure, let's really set the record straight.

Thanks Deb for the photo proof of the air ride Beagle dog. And that is his skinny side. And thanks for posting a photo of me grabbing my business.

I can't wait for Loc to attend a rally with Jon in the same zip code. He'll find out what early is and how it really sounds. I fully prescribe to the rule of "I don't know where I'm going, but I hate to be late".

I really liked the new wood floors in Loc's vintage coach. I hear he installed them to keep the Wonder Beagle from getting carpet burns on his belly.

How was I to know we were at the only WalMart Supercenter in all of Western North Carolina on Tax Free Weekend? It took me almost an hour to clear the line just to get in the rest room and then Mike sent me to the back of the store to return the trash can. Loc only had to buy chocolate chip Teddy Grahams, (as directed by his darling wife) so the ice cream was an impulse buy and thus off limits for ammo to jam your buddy.

Anyway, you two were gawking at all the tattooed chicks so what was the problem?

Jon Wehrenberg
08-24-2007, 07:42 AM
"Thanks Deb for the photo proof of the air ride Beagle dog. And that is his skinny side. And thanks for posting a photo of me grabbing my business."

This is just an observation, but the Loc Ness bus buddy looks OK to me. I'm pretty sure he doesn't wear size 63.

Jerry Winchester
08-24-2007, 04:06 PM
You're right Jon. I don't think a 63 will fit him but LOC said he has lost some weight so maybe in a month or so. But since you are only seeing his skinny side you have to know his shadow weighs 50 lbs.

Jon Wehrenberg
08-24-2007, 07:22 PM
That's a good one. Must be a Texas phrase.

Loc, he got you there. Your turn.

merle&louise
08-25-2007, 04:24 PM
Thought you guys might enjoy this:

Bass Pro Shop
> > > >
> > > > > >>
> > > >
> > > > > >> A woman goes into Bass Pro Shop to buy a rod and
> > > >
> > > > > reel for her grandson's
> > > >
> > > > > >> birthday. She doesn't know which one to get so
> > > >
> > > > > she just grabs one and
> > > >
> > > > > >> goes over to the counter.
> > > >
> > > > > >>
> > > >
> > > > > >> A Bass Pro Shop associate is standing there
> > > >
> > > > > wearing dark shades. She
> > > >
> > > > > >> says, "Excuse me, sir. Can you tell me anything
> > > >
> > > > > about this rod and
> > > >
> > > > > >> reel?"
> > > >
> > > > > >>
> > > >
> > > > > >> He says, "Ma'am, I'm completely blind; but if
> > > >
> > > > > you'll drop it on the
> > > >
> > > > > >> counter, I can tell you everything from the sound
> > > >
> > > > > it makes." She doesn't
> > > >
> > > > > >> believe him but drops it on the counter anyway.
> > > >
> > > > > >>
> > > >
> > > > > >> He says, "That's a six-foot Shakespeare graphite
> > > >
> > > > > rod with a Zebco 404
> > > >
> > > > > >> reel and 10-LB. Test line. It's a good all around
> > > >
> > > > > combination; and it's
> > > >
> > > > > >> on sale this week for only $20.00."
> > > >
> > > > > >>
> > > >
> > > > > >> She says, "It's amazing that you can tell all
> > > >
> > > > > that just by the sound of
> > > >
> > > > > >> it dropping on the counter. I'll take it!" As she
> > > >
> > > > > opens her purse, her
> > > >
> > > > > >> credit card drops on the floor.
> > > >
> > > > > >>
> > > >
> > > > > >> "Oh, that sounds like a Master Card," he says.
> > > >
> > > > > >>
> > > >
> > > > > >> She bends down to pick it up and accidentally
> > > >
> > > > > breaks wind. At first she
> > > >
> > > > > >> is really embarrassed, but then realizes there is
> > > >
> > > > > no way the blind clerk
> > > >
> > > > > >> could tell it was she who tooted. Being blind, he
> > > >
> > > > > wouldn't know that she
> > > >
> > > > > >> was the only person around.
> > > >
> > > > > >>
> > > >
> > > > > >> The man rings up the sale and says, "That'll be
> > > >
> > > > > $34.50 please."
> > > >
> > > > > >>
> > > >
> > > > > >> The woman is totally confused by this and asks,
> > > >
> > > > > "Didn't you tell me the
> > > >
> > > > > >> rod and reel were on sale for $20.00? How did you
> > > >
> > > > > get $34.50?"
> > > >
> > > > > >>
> > > >
> > > > > >> He replies, " Yes, Ma'am. The rod and reel is
> > > >
> > > > > $20.00, but the Duck Call
> > > >
> > > > > >> is $11.00 and the Catfish Bait is $3.50.":eek:

jello_jeep
08-26-2007, 12:38 PM
Good one Tuga!

Loc
08-27-2007, 09:13 AM
Tom, I need help here. I guess Jerry is now calling in airstrikes on the Wonder Beagle. It is pretty sad to see attacks on a dog, but some people have no limits - I guess. Funny thing is at the Asheville Prevostpalooza, when Churchill was next to Jerry I had to do a double take because I thought I was in an Austin Powers movie - seeing Dr. Evil and Minnie Me (with the exception that Jerry's ears are a tad bit shorter).

Jerry Winchester
08-27-2007, 10:54 AM
Now that's way harsh.

jello_jeep
08-27-2007, 01:44 PM
Football players..... mean to dogs.......

Seems to be a lot of that going around these days! :)

MangoMike
08-27-2007, 02:25 PM
Good hit Locman.

Apparently Politicians aren't above it either.

http://www.lbjlib.utexas.edu/Johnson/archives.hom/FAQs/dog/JPEG/C311-7-64.jpg

mm

Jerry Winchester
08-27-2007, 03:02 PM
I think you would throw your back out trying to pick the Wonder Beagle up by its ears......

merle&louise
08-27-2007, 04:31 PM
Who has the bigger ears; the Beagle or LBJ?:confused:

truk4u
08-28-2007, 08:01 AM
Loc,

Just goes to show ya that the turd boy has no boundaries when it comes to airstrikes and there may be a connection with animal abuse and football players.:rolleyes: Some can emotionally handle the 2 bus ownership scenario and others can't, we gotta watch him. I talked to him the other day and he was mumbling something about Korean Barbeque and I couldn't quite understand him because of his cheap cell phone, but I'm a little worried.

I know Rae is keeping an eye on him since the Vic stuff came out.:p

Jerry Winchester
08-28-2007, 09:32 PM
KrakMan,

You need to be worried about this.....