PDA

View Full Version : Fire Extinguisher Nag

Just Plain Jeff
07-30-2007, 05:35 PM
This is one of those times of the year when coaches are pulling a lot of current with air conditioning, high ambient termperatures and sometimes crowded facilities.

This is a nag to P-U-L-E-A-S-E insure that your fire extinguishers are charged and up to date.

You might not have a problem, but the 12 people in the pop up down the row who are cooking weenies on the Coleman LP grill could ruin your day.

Safety first.

Thanks.

Larry W
08-05-2007, 12:24 AM
I got this information from a fire chief. The dry chemical in the extinguishers most of us have will pack tight in the bottom of the can. This makes the extingisher inop. The vibrations of going down the road compounds the packing. He showed us how to check the extinguisher by slowly turning it from up right to upside down to feel the powder move. I checked all mine and found the powder was packed tight in every one. A simple cure is to hold it upside down and tap the can gently with a rubber mallet. Do this until you can feel the powder moving as you turn the extingisher over. If the gauge still shows in the green pressure it is then good to go.

rfoster
08-05-2007, 08:47 AM
Larry that sounds like the same thing that happens to the tacos that JDUB eats.:cool:

Jerry Winchester
08-05-2007, 11:57 PM
No Mr. King of Bling, those tacos are forcefully propelled out sans packing of any kind. And we only ate tacos one time, so no fire extinguisher was required.

dalej
08-06-2007, 08:52 AM
Jeff, thanks for the tip, I have never thought of doing that or that in needed done. I will check them out next time I'm in the barn.