PDA

View Full Version : Who makes Prevost slides?

lewpopp
03-17-2006, 09:18 PM
I just heard from what I consider a very reliable source that Marathon purchases 100% of their coaches from Prevost without slides. They have a company a few miles away in Oregon that puts all the slides in for them.

I also was told that several years ago Prevost purchased the rights(?) or permission to put in the Vantare slides.

These so called facts sound profound to me. That, of course, is after I understood that the Prevost slides are the very best in the industry and they wouldn't come out with a slide until they perfected it.

Straighten us out and set us straight with the facts.

Alan__
03-17-2006, 10:27 PM
Marathon does buy all their coaches from Prevost and 90%+ are now ordered with slides made by Prevost themselves. We are in our first Marathon and can say it is by far the best slide system we have ever had.

lewpopp
03-18-2006, 09:46 PM
Is your slide a Prevost slide or one that Marathon had put in out west?

Or better put, Is your one of the 90% or the 10%?

Alan__
03-18-2006, 10:36 PM
Mine came from the Prevost factory with two of their slides. Sometime when you are up in the northwest take a factory tour of Country Coach conversions at the Eugene airport road and Marathon in Coburg. Both usually have a bare bus shell with the slides open as they arrive from the Prevost factory. Excellent time to get a good view of how they work mechanically and see the quality of the engineering that went into them.

pognumber26
03-19-2006, 11:32 AM
No mystery here... It is most likely a Prevost slide in your Marathon...If not it is made by Valid which is primarily used on the triple slide coaches...Something to do with tolerance differences on the M series triple slides...I was told by Prevost that they are introducing factory triple slides on '07 models...I believe this is going to dramatically effect slide valuations...It should quickly become the GOLD slide standard!!