PDA

View Full Version : Thanks boys and girls...

dalej
07-28-2007, 07:18 PM
You would think will all the successful men and woman we have on this board, that at least one of you would have said GET OUT OF THE MARKET AT 14000. I just checked our stocks and we will not look at any buses not even if they are dirt cheap!

If Lew just made a withdraw for his surgery, then it's ok. :)

win42
07-29-2007, 10:33 AM
DaleJ: Nothing you did entitled you to the gains made when the Dow reached 14K. The key is; where are you compared to when the investments were made. Don't panic and sell, just ride it out, it will return and probably grow.
There are some bargains to buy during selloffs. " Buy Low Sell High " Don't try and time the market, it's a losers game. Buy solid companies and wait it out. This advice is brought to you by your grandfather.

MangoMike
07-29-2007, 01:06 PM
Invest in thyself.

Mango

Jon Wehrenberg
07-29-2007, 04:46 PM
Invest in thyself and stand next to the cash drawer.

MangoMike
07-29-2007, 05:26 PM
amen brother Jon.

mm

win42
07-29-2007, 05:27 PM
I invested in thyself and got tired of watching the cash drawer and put the gains in the hands of the experts? So far so good. There are a few heart aches in everything worthwhile. Investments in Prevost busses is definately a looser. But we all enjoy the misery.

MangoMike
07-29-2007, 05:35 PM
Harry, I'm glad the market is working for you.

Unfortunately I come from school of "work harder not smarter".

mm

jello_jeep
07-29-2007, 06:33 PM
Invest in yourself,
keep close to you, thy richest/eldest relative.

Now,.... if I just had a rich relative :mad:

merle&louise
07-29-2007, 07:40 PM
Dale,

I can give you a GUARANTEED system to make money in the stock market.

DO THE EXACT OPPOSITE OF WHAT I DO:

When I sell - you buy

When I buy - you sell.

You will make a fortune. How do I know that?

Because I have lost a fortune! Twice!

Harry buys low and sells high, I buy low and sell lower.

No one knows if the market will go down or go up. The only thing we know about the market is that over the long term (130 years) it will go up!:D

GOOD LUCK!

win42
07-29-2007, 09:44 PM
Mike the advice I gave my son with the business is: "The harder you work the luckier you get." At my age there is little choice what to do to maintain your standard of living other than investing. The main thing is start early as you can on that nest egg. I was no model saver. The government forced me to shelter some income or give it to them in taxes. Unfortunatly after short years of congress monkeying with that until they destroyed it. The perfect retirement plans went poof. I was forced to put what I had gained into an IRA where it is limited to slow growth investing.
Good luck with where Congress is headed next unless we throw the bums out.

garyde
07-29-2007, 11:42 PM
I was informed many years ago I had a partner in my buisness, UNCLE SAM. So my silent partner is always looking over my shoulder. Keep investing and watch your back.

ajhaig
07-30-2007, 08:21 PM
After 20 years as an institutional equity salesmen at one of the largest investment banks one thing that I've learned is that forecasting market direction is a very humbling undertaking. I think we all should be paying close attention to the message from the fixed income markets.

With respect to long-term investing, a very wise analyst use to say that "fear and greed are stronger that long-term resolve."