PDA

View Full Version : Denver Campgrounds? Any Suggestions?

Troy Stone
07-23-2007, 08:16 PM
Have to stop in Denver for a week. Any suggestions for a place to stay. Need to be somewhat near downtown-30 Miles or so.

Thanks

Jon Wehrenberg
07-23-2007, 08:27 PM
Troy,

Maybe Coloradobus can steer you to the right place. Send them a PM?

Larry W
07-23-2007, 11:51 PM
Troy
Denver is not blessed with many RV parks. Check out Chatfield State Park south of Denver off the freeway C470. Is listed in the big rigs book. There is another in Golden but might be a little tight. If you will be in the east part of Denver the is one at Strasburg.out east off I-70. You will find one listed close to Hampton Blvd and Santa Fe Drive. I have never been in the park but have driven by and thought "Not for ME'.

We are presently in Denver in our car for a meeting tomorrow morning and plan to check out Chatfield on our way home. We have to come back in August and want to bring our coach. Will be home late tomorrow night so will let you know what we find.

Alan__
07-24-2007, 08:44 AM
Dakota Ridge in Golden (west Denver) is very easy to access from Interstate. However with the over growth of their trees be specific to your needs. We found we had to back out of two different sites we were given. If you can land a site at the bottom of the row it is fairly easy but mid-row can be tight if you are next to a long 5th wheel and truck. Park is well kept.

Loc
07-24-2007, 08:55 AM
Troy,

We have stayed at Dakota Ridge in Golden. It is nothing fancy, but a nice clean park with paved roads and paved sites. The sites are somewhat close together. It is just off of I-70 in Golden. There is also Cherry Creek State Park in Aurora with full hookups and Chatfield Reservoir State Park with full hookups just outside the 470 loop in Littleton. I havent been to Cherry Creek or Chatfield, but it is worth a call.

Loc

Larry W
07-24-2007, 11:22 PM
We checked out Chatfield State Park today. We found the D loop will be our choice. All paved streets, concrete pads, paved access to the pads, water, sewer and 50 amp electric hookups. No big trees to get arround and very clean. We will reserve space 172 if it's open on our dates. All the spots in that area will work great. If one uses US-85 (Santa Fe Drive) it is about 21 miles to the center of downtown Denver.

The web page for the park is chatfieldstatepark.com. Toll free number is 800-678-2267. There are a couple of maps on this web page.

We found the charge per vehicle is $6.00 per day in the summer months. Camping is $22.00 per night. This totals $ 34.00 a day for bus and toad.