PDA

View Full Version : Holy Crapoli, its HOT

jello_jeep
07-21-2007, 10:50 AM
Well, we traversed down to the river as promised to give the coach a little workout.

Entered the storage unit (60x15x14) and opened up. Opened the door to the bus, and on quick initial inspection, quickly noted many of the soft drinks left stored inside had exploded!

I knew it wasn't going to be chilly in there, but had NO idea it could get that hot inside the unit.

Good thing I brought Kelly Jo along on this run, as this was a mess to clean up!

Needless to say it was about 98 inside the bus, and everything in, on, and around it was that hot too.

It took a long time to get it cooled down, but this morning all is good inside at 70!

Also had to replace the 50A breaker in my box here, as it kept crapping out.

The OAT this morning here @ 0500 was 90 degrees.. Sheesh.

Also found out that in my coach, if you have auto-gen enabled, you can't manually start the gen if the batteries are up.

As soon as you let go of the starter, the auto gen circuit shuts it down..

Just another piece of trivia for ya'll!

truk4u
07-21-2007, 10:52 PM
If you have 50 amp and inside storage, why not leave an air or two running on a high setting you cheapskate. Kathy Jo should get an award for putting up with you, what a woman.. I can tell you how to correct your auto-start issue Nimrod, but it's gonna cost ya!:D

jello_jeep
07-22-2007, 01:40 AM
I only have 20A or so, and not supposed to have that much :) . Can't leave air on.

Kathy Jo's name is Kelly Jo, and yes I agree, she should achieve sainthood for putting up with me!

Ok, so whats the auto gen fix gonna cost? Let me guess, I have to change my avtar :)

If you have 50 amp and inside storage, why not leave an air or two running on a high setting you cheapskate. Kathy Jo should get an award for putting up with you, what a woman.. I can tell you how to correct your auto-start issue Nimrod, but it's gonna cost ya!:D

Jon Wehrenberg
07-22-2007, 07:45 AM
Sometimes it gets really expensive when you pull someone's chain. Let's see....the avatar, Jeep comments and then the plastic palace remarks.

Payback.

rmboies
07-22-2007, 09:23 AM
[QUOTE=jello_jeep;15958]
I knew it wasn't going to be chilly in there, but had NO idea it could get that hot inside the unit.
QUOTE]

Warren,
When Bob traveled out to Phoenix to pick up the H3 we used to own, he found out just how hot hot can be to a coach. The laminate on some of the coaches in the lot was separating due to the intense heat. Some also had quite a bit of fading of fabric, etc.

Our coach is inside an insulated building so we don't keep the air on, haven't had to as yet, but we do keep a small fan running and the ceiling fan if you have one. Sorry you had such a mess to clean up, yuck!

jello_jeep
07-22-2007, 10:42 AM
This is true, but its worth every penny ;)

Plus he knows I only *really* give the red-ass to people I like, but don't tell him that, he will get a big head.

Plus Plus, if I sold mine and got a plastic one, he would be beating me like a rented mule ;)

Plus Plus Plus, where else can you have fun like this for 100 bucks a year, and learn something whether you want to or not!

Sometimes it gets really expensive when you pull someone's chain. Let's see....the avatar, Jeep comments and then the plastic palace remarks.

Payback.

jello_jeep
07-22-2007, 10:44 AM
Well, the building we are in is not insulated. There is no sunlight going in, so fading etc is no problem, just over heating the damn cokes!

It was a mess, but got lucky in that it mostly only got all over cleanable surfaces. Thank goodness Kelly is along! :)

Warren,
When Bob traveled out to Phoenix to pick up the H3 we used to own, he found out just how hot hot can be to a coach. The laminate on some of the coaches in the lot was separating due to the intense heat. Some also had quite a bit of fading of fabric, etc.

Our coach is inside an insulated building so we don't keep the air on, haven't had to as yet, but we do keep a small fan running and the ceiling fan if you have one. Sorry you had such a mess to clean up, yuck![/QUOTE]

Ray Davis
07-22-2007, 11:59 AM
I had considered at one point moving my coach out there to Havasu, I think to the same facility that you are at now. It was so reasonable in cost, compared to Orange or Riverside county.

But, when it's hot, ..... it HOT!

Sheesh!

truk4u
07-22-2007, 07:44 PM
Jeep, are you sure the squeezins didn't explode instead of soda? Your the one who said you had to change out the 50 amp breaker, now your yaking about 20 amp.. Big difference, one has only one hickey and the other a double hickey, know what I mean Vern...

Sorry Kelly, I must have had a Kathy on my mind, but either way, you may get an award at the next POG rally... Details later..:p

Checking your Avatar you Pirate..:(

garyde
07-23-2007, 01:13 AM
Hi Warren. I read somewhere that if your Coach is stored in an area which gets very hot, your water can be subject to bacteria growth as well as any filter systems you have for the water. So make sure to dump your water, and replace your filters. Also, is there not any storage facilities which are temperature controlled?

rmboies
07-23-2007, 08:14 AM

Tom,

did I miss Big Red's new home or are you yanking my blonde chain again?:rolleyes:

Debi

truk4u
07-24-2007, 10:39 AM
Deb honey, I would never yank your chain, but Bob, that's a different matter.:p

No, big red went to a new owner in AL and he's not a Pogger. The yellow jeep weenie in CA uses big red for his Avatar wishing he had such a quality piece of equipment with all systems in good working order. Now he has a Marathon with exploded beverages smelling like Jdub at Osh living in a tent.

Any bites on the Vantare?

Jon Wehrenberg
07-24-2007, 01:49 PM
Truk,

Until monthly payment boy crawls out from under the wing and decides to live in comfort you may wish to refrain from asking questions that contain the word bite.

By now he may have fed the entire Wisconsin fire ant contingent.

rmboies
07-24-2007, 03:19 PM
Deb honey, I would never yank your chain, but Bob, that's a different matter.:p Any bites on the Vantare?

I just never know with you guys;) You know, the phrase "hindsight" has great meaning in our case. Looking back, we should have taken the Vantare to Parliament when the selling season was still hot. By the time our previous brokerage agreement came to an end and we moved the coach, the peak season was over. Live and learn! Bob says he is not worried--the coach is immaculate with everything in working order, so all we need is that one buyer. Meanwhile, we are in great company with the two coach owners, well, with the exception of Mango who still hasn't commented on why he put Bob's head on that rat? What's up with that:eek:

jello_jeep
07-26-2007, 11:57 PM
I knew I would have to explain this slower for the GERORGIAN mafia.

20A breaker inside storage unit.

50A breaker on pedastal @ RV Park. Get it Vern? :)

PS, Kathy says hi :)

Jeep, are you sure the squeezins didn't explode instead of soda? Your the one who said you had to change out the 50 amp breaker, now your yaking about 20 amp.. Big difference, one has only one hickey and the other a double hickey, know what I mean Vern...

Sorry Kelly, I must have had a Kathy on my mind, but either way, you may get an award at the next POG rally... Details later..:p

jello_jeep
07-27-2007, 12:00 AM
Interesting thougth on the H2o, will keep that in mind.

Have not seen ac controlled stroage there in an rv size, just smaller vaults inside places for storing your personal crapola.

Hi Warren. I read somewhere that if your Coach is stored in an area which gets very hot, your water can be subject to bacteria growth as well as any filter systems you have for the water. So make sure to dump your water, and replace your filters. Also, is there not any storage facilities which are temperature controlled?

Jerry Winchester
07-27-2007, 10:20 AM
I don't know how I got drug into this thread, but I can tell you the smell from Camp JDUB was sweet. While the dry campers were rationing water, I was able to take twice daily Hollywood showers without concern.

And with uncanny timing, I left OSH just before the rain and thunderstorms hit, so my tent didn't get as much as a good dew on it. And what's this about the bugs?

win42
07-27-2007, 11:08 AM
Jeep: Are you still running around the country blowing up 50 AMP breakers with your faulty coach wiring system. You wiped out most of them at Beaudry's. You better have a session with Gary D. and find out what your problem is before the coach Flambeys itself.:D

MangoMike
07-27-2007, 02:28 PM
Meanwhile, we are in great company with the two coach owners, well, with the exception of Mango who still hasn't commented on why he put Bob's head on that rat? What's up with that:eek:

Ooops, I thought it was Harry's head.

Mango

Jon Wehrenberg
07-27-2007, 05:38 PM
Too much sun out there in OSH?

Now you've succeeded in getting B0B 00/03 and Harry mad at you.

Harry, he thinks because he has a plastic motorhome he doesn't need you fixing his sheet metal anymore. Go easy on him.

win42
07-27-2007, 08:54 PM
Jon are you talking about the has been wannabe. The only reason Truk went to OSH was he thought he was going to Orhard Supply & Hardware where all the plastic people get their bailing wire. He's got his nerve calling people ugly. I guess the plastic RV's don't contain mirrors.

Jon Wehrenberg
07-27-2007, 09:33 PM
Harry, I was talking about Mango who is putting people's faces on swimming pool drain rats. See the post previous to my last one. Mango is now driving a Plastic Prevost otherwise known as an H3.

win42
07-28-2007, 01:09 AM
OOps! I guess I got the wrong head on the ugly body. Who can tell these days with everyone swapping avitar pictures. Oh well truk needed a dressing down for showing up decked in plastic. He owes me one and I don't think I'll have to wait long to receive it. Go easy Truk I'm on social security and medicare you know. One foot in the grave and the other on a banana peel.

And Mango when you least expect it someone will walk up behind you and ???????

Joe Cannarozzi
07-28-2007, 07:39 AM
Jon

Did you folks FINALLY get some decent rain last night? Hope so.

I have been rained out 6 of the last 10 working days now, not good.

Jon Wehrenberg
07-28-2007, 08:10 AM
Joe, it rained earlier this week, not much, but it helped. Last night it rained steady and it is still raining.

We have 13" of rain to make up so every bit helps. Canning tomatoes today.

truk4u
07-28-2007, 08:27 AM
Harry you ole buzzard, are you mixing corn sqeezins with your daily fiber intake?:p Glad Jon straightened you out, if I use the word ugly it will apply to that nut case out in CA who stole my Avatar!

Now, go back to polishing the steel on BOTH your buses, I have plastic to clean....:D

lewpopp
07-28-2007, 08:27 AM
Well I guess that this Thursday will make a big mark in my life. The question is... Will I become a member of the 2 Bus Crew? Keeping that a secret for now. Wow, can't wait.

Lew

dalej
07-28-2007, 10:17 AM
Lew! thought you were having heart surgery, what are you doing looking for another bus?

Man if you guys with older buses keep bailing out, I'm going to be forced to another club. :)

JIM CHALOUPKA
07-28-2007, 10:27 AM
Just stick around Dale, even the new busses get old real fast!:D

Jon Wehrenberg
07-28-2007, 11:50 AM
Don't worry Dale....I'm sticking with my Lib for now. And the guys getting all that new stuff now will be going through what we have been going through in about five years so think how much further ahead we will be.

JIM CHALOUPKA
07-28-2007, 01:03 PM
Well I guess that this Thursday will make a big mark in my life. The question is... Will I become a member of the 2 Bus Crew? Keeping that a secret for now. Wow, can't wait.

Lew

Hey Lew! What comes first, the heart surgery or the second bus?

After the surgery you might need two busses to expend your extra energy!

THE BEST TO YOU ON BOTH!!!!!! :) :)

I guess its coming to I'll have to buy two busses at once to keep up with this group! :eek: (not):p

JIM CHALOUPKA
07-28-2007, 01:16 PM
Jon

Did you folks FINALLY get some decent rain last night? Hope so.

I have been rained out 6 of the last 10 working days now, not good.

Well Joe, we were down 9" then with two rains it went to a deficit of 4" and after last night we are 1" under average so that's not too bad.
I planted sun flowers for entry in the county fair and with luck fertilizer and judicious watering I might have a winner. One is already twice as high as the rest and is 11' tall. The lack of rain stunted the grass ( good thing) and gave about a month reprieve from mowing. It's all green again and calling for attention:eek: When it's ready for harvest I will post a picture. ARO the end of Aug..

Chris and Debbie Yates
07-28-2007, 01:27 PM
Hey Dale, Chris and I will be right behind you in the one bus club !!!(perhaps we should start our own!!)cannot imagine keeping 2 running..

jello_jeep
07-29-2007, 07:05 PM
I had to adopt your avatar! I mean when you sell one bus to buy another, I feel that is acceptable. But I belive Prevost bus conversions have a heart & soul. And after serving you so well through the years.. being a good and faithful servant... you sold it.. Demeaned it in front of the entire POG group.

We all waited to see what majestic machine would replace her,,, but what didja get? A 73 winnebago or whatever.

Such logic from an otherwise astute individual, is a clear indication of the advanced stages of R.O.T. syndrome (Rosie Odonnel Toad). Thought to be brought on by driving a Jeep Liberty.

I felt soo sorry for Big Red, I just felt she deserved better than the delete button!

I will soon bring the jeepster back on board, and let Big Red rest in peace..

Bringing to a close another chapter in POG history..

A sad day.. :mad:

JDUB, can I get an AMEN ?

if I use the word ugly it will apply to that nut case out in CA who stole my Avatar!

Now, go back to polishing the steel on BOTH your buses, I have plastic to clean....:D

Jerry Winchester
07-29-2007, 09:33 PM
Yep an AMEN is in order. Poor Big Red was cast down for a POS PlasticKrakster and now Krak4U has to do the Walk of Shame in the new KrakMobile.

Oh the humanity of it all.