PDA

View Full Version : Sturgis

truk4u
07-17-2007, 08:31 AM
We'll be in Spearfish from August 3 to the 6th with Bill and Jody, anyone else heading that way?

dalej
07-17-2007, 09:50 AM
Tom, we are on a wait and see as of right now. If by chance we can get away, can we pitch a tent next to your new coach? or is that tacky! We won't have but one night the way it's looking. It's a 10 hour ride with gas and tea stops.

Are you and Bill close?

truk4u
07-17-2007, 08:22 PM
Dale,

No tent needed, the plastic trukster has a pull out couch, never used! If you can't swing it, Nance and I may swing by to see on the way home, if your not running across the country somewhere.

Are Bill and I close? I'm in NJ and I thing he's somewhere in UT.

How do you like my Avatar? You know what they say, lift kit, big tires, small
you know what!:D My buddy Jeep doesn't read the bike stuff...;)

dalej
07-17-2007, 08:41 PM
Sorry Tom, I meant are you guys going to be close in South Dakota, camping that is. We are looking forward to anyone visiting us, so if you can swing it.

Is that Warren's jeep or did you get one?

truk4u
07-18-2007, 07:15 AM
Dale,

Same camground in Spearfish. That was Jello's manly jeep, he likes it to show up everywhere.:D

bill&jody
07-19-2007, 07:46 PM
dale & jan,
if you still feel like you need to rough it in a tent . . . our couch doesn't pull out but you can use the guest room - the trailer!! we don't have a mattress but a few extra comforters and a sleeping bag!
hope you can make it.
jody
yea, we are "somewhere" in UT - Hatch to be exact, about 40 miles southwest from bryce canyon.
the fires in this area are getting pretty scary. time to leave. . .

jello_jeep
07-19-2007, 09:56 PM
Note to self,,, don't read the bike stuff ;)

Jerry Winchester
07-19-2007, 11:24 PM
Dale,

If you are going to hang with the PlasticKrakMan, you should take some cash because I heard they don't take plastic in Sturgis......

jello_jeep
07-19-2007, 11:44 PM
Now I don't care who you are, thats funny right there!!

Dale,

If you are going to hang with the PlasticKrakMan, you should take some cash because I heard they don't take plastic in Sturgis......

garyde
07-19-2007, 11:49 PM
I believe Tom is in a Robin Williams 'RV' Dream State! Wake up Tom.

truk4u
07-20-2007, 07:54 AM
Thanks Gary, I needed that!:p Now where the hell is the Webasco on this thing......

Jon Wehrenberg
07-20-2007, 08:39 AM
Tom, To keep warm, just set it on fire.

dalej
07-20-2007, 10:54 AM
Jon, that's terrible! I bet you started feeling quilty as soon as you hit submit reply :)

Jon Wehrenberg
07-20-2007, 01:44 PM
No, as a matter of fact I did not. Tom, being from NY state understands that plastic coaches, the bog at Watkins Glen, and matches go together like hot dogs and buns.

lewpopp
07-20-2007, 10:50 PM
Trukboy...We need a huddle here in Watkins Glen and soon. Jon is more than nipping on that Tenn booze. Di, have you pushed him out the door and he scrounged up a bottle of Tenn Walking Horse Whiskey. Quick, spit it out but don't light any matches. Methane fires up also, so don't turn around.

Truk, you can proudly come into the campground here in Watkins cuz you would fit right in with all of the campers here.

Just knew thqat the Dubber would have 2 coaches and then fly off to "no shower country" with you guys. I'll bet he gets real ripe after a few days.

Jerry Winchester
07-20-2007, 11:20 PM
I hate to break it to you, but I am just in from the Rockford hanger party and freshly showered. I will be parking tomorrow within a frisbee toss of the North 40 shower house, so no funk flowing from Camp JDUB.

dalej
08-06-2007, 11:26 PM
Here is a link to our trip to Sturgis 07 http://midwestleds.com/Sturgis07.htm We had and very nice trip, never rode in Wyoming before, can't wait to go back and ride more of it.

It was fun to get together with fellow poggers Tom, Nancy, Bill and Jody. Just needed more time.

If you look close you can see Tom and Nancy's coach behind the three girls.

rmboies
08-07-2007, 08:08 AM
Here is a link to our trip to Sturgis 07 [url]
It was fun to get together with fellow poggers Tom, Nancy, Bill and Jody. Just needed more time.
If you look close you can see Tom and Nancy's coach behind the three girls.

Dale, great pics and it is always fabulous seeing POG friends having a great time. Just think about it--in the past two years how many new good friends have we made via POG?? That alone is worth joining!

Oh, and I assume Truk and Nanc's plastic coach is the brown one not the white one in the background?:D

MangoMike
08-07-2007, 09:52 AM
Oh no Debi,

It's the white one. ;)

Mango

Jerry Winchester
08-07-2007, 10:50 AM
Yep Deb, the lovely white PlastiKrakster is sitting next to that brown SOB, so make no mistake, the Krakman is in plastic heaven.

Jon Wehrenberg
08-07-2007, 11:06 AM
I'm just curious here.....is it better to have a plastic palace wishing you have a Prevost, or is it better to have two coaches praying you can sell one before the depreciation equals the purchase price of a temporary plywood pup tent?

MangoMike
08-07-2007, 12:51 PM
Jon, As the growing list will testify - always better with the Duo.

mm

Welcome to the Club/JDUB. ;)

Jerry Winchester
08-07-2007, 01:52 PM
Jon, as the founder and charter member of the two bus club, do you pose that as a rhetorical question or are you just trying vainly to slather some salve on the Kraksters bruised ego for having given up Big Red to dwell in resin coated hell?

Jon Wehrenberg
08-07-2007, 01:59 PM
Double duty....taking shots at the two bus club members while trying to offer sympathy for those relegated to driving lesser vehicles.

My membership in the two bus club was only a trial membership, and I believe some on this forum are lifetime members.

rmboies
08-07-2007, 03:18 PM
My membership in the two bus club was only a trial membership, and I believe some on this forum are lifetime members.

Oh geez, ouch, ow, that hurt.......I would rather choose a different club for lifetime membership! Horse clubs come to mind:D

Toy Box
08-07-2007, 06:47 PM
Jon, this two bus club you started must have other merits. I have been a short time member twice. Seems like a normal thing now. Seemed crazy then.

Jon Wehrenberg
08-08-2007, 07:03 AM
Two bus club membership has its merits, but I cannot think of any.

That's why I quit soon after joining it. I'm a member of the two plane club and think I need to have my head examined.