PDA

View Full Version : DDEC Fault code reader?

Ray Davis
07-14-2007, 10:45 PM
I recently "won" an Ebay auction for a DDEC fault code reader (MPSI Pro Link 9000). As it turned out, I was second place on another bid and that winner did not chose to pay for the piece, so I was contacted with a second chance offer to purchase.

I've spoken with the owner, he's agreed to sell it at even less than I offered originally. It's (another) MPSI Pro Link 9000, and I can pick it up for $225. Anyone interested. Please contact me to let me know. I have not purchased it, but have mentioned to the owner I would post here for him.

Thahnks,
Ray

Jon Wehrenberg
07-15-2007, 07:31 AM
I'll take it if you do not want it.

Tell me how much.

Ray Davis
07-20-2007, 12:48 PM
John, sorry for the delay in response. I've been out of town.

The unit is available for $225. Only "issue" is that it needs a DDEC cartridge. It turns out this unit has a Ford, GM and Chrysler (I think) set of cartridges, which may be useful to someone. But for the bus, you'll need a DDEC2 or 3 cartridge. IF you need DDEC4, then that requires purchasing a "MultiPupose" cartridge, and then a DDEC4 PCMCIA card. Evidently they changed format several years ago to PCMCIA cards, and the newer engines all come on the new format. The multi-purpose cartridge is basically an adapter from old to new style.

Let me know if you're interested, or I'll tell him to put it back on Ebay.

Ray

Jon Wehrenberg
07-20-2007, 01:46 PM
Ray, Ill take it and send me the particulars via email or PM. let me know where to send the check and I will give the shipping address.

Ray Davis
07-20-2007, 02:52 PM
OK, Jon. Let me double check with the seller. That was the deal when I left on my trip. Assuming all is OK, I will send you details in a PM.

Ray

jimblu
09-19-2007, 10:22 PM
Has anyone tried VMSPC
http://www.silverleafelectronics.com/?q=node/6

Reads engine codes to a laptop.
Cheaper than NEXIQ, more info, they claim
Thanks

Ray Davis
09-19-2007, 11:42 PM
My friend who works for DD has something similar, but it's DD software. He indicated that's how they distribute now, rather than the hardware reader. But, my understanding their product is fairly pricey.

It's generally pretty easy to find a Pro-Link on Ebay for a reasonable price.

Ray

jimblu
09-20-2007, 07:55 AM
The VMSPC alleges to do everything for all electronic engines and Allison World transmission and is $395.
It is the same software as the new glass dashes. I'd like to hear owner reports before I buy......

It is supposed to give monitoring, MPG, power, trip and maintenance functions as you drive.....

truk4u
09-20-2007, 08:05 AM
Silverleaf is a great product, bought one for my plastic CC, but is was the actual unit itself and not just the software. I had friends who also has the software version tied to their laptops and liked it. I wasn't aware it would work with DD.

jimblu
09-20-2007, 11:24 AM
Silverleaf says it will work with the DDEC 2 and show the same as the Prolink or more, but they have no list of what it will show. I have used a Prolink to get info and it was very limited but it was an early cartridge. (DDEC 1 and early 2)

To their credit they offered to ship and accept return if I'm not pleased. I just don't want to waste their time if someone here has experience with it on a DDEC2

I'd really like to get GPH and boost and temps, the Prolink I used didn't.......

Thank you

Ray Davis
09-20-2007, 02:08 PM
If they are willing to take it in return, I'd say go for it. It's doubtful any of us have used it, and it would be a great thing to know for all of the POG members. Who knows, if your test is successful, it might generate several sales for the company.

Ray

MangoMike
09-20-2007, 05:51 PM
I would like to hear some feedback and if it works on the DDec 3. The ProDriver readout is not working on the H3 and since it's the "green" display you have to replace the entire cluster. Those having a "black" display can just replace the LCD readout.

Mike