PDA

View Full Version : M & G Brake system

ajhaig
07-08-2007, 05:20 PM
We are getting our Suburban ready to tow "wheels down." It looks like the M&G brake system is pretty straight forward and effective. Although I'm going to have the system professionally installed, I'm a bit apprehensive about tapping into the air system on the coach brakes.

Should I be concerned about this?

Has anyone had any problems with the M&G system?

Joe Cannarozzi
07-08-2007, 06:11 PM
AJ if you are having it installed as you suggest I don't think there is anything to worry about. After it is installed release the parking brake step on and hold the brake turn off the bus and listen you will here no leaking air if done correctly.

I do not yet have a braking system but will be getting the same thing when we do, I think its the best way to go, good choice.

Have you took delivery on the bus yet?

ajhaig
07-08-2007, 10:22 PM
Joe - We hope to pick the coach up in early August. We are busy getting things wrapped up in Boston. The Coach is in safekeeping at Panterra Coach in Indiana.

We're looking forward to getting on the road!

BrianE
07-08-2007, 11:59 PM
AJ,

We have the M&G system on our Chevy Colorado. Very simple to install, it works well and it hooks up in seconds, wouldn't use anything else.

Loc
07-09-2007, 08:46 AM
AJ,

I have the M&G on our Tahoe. It works great. I have had no issues with the system including the tap into the bus air system.

Loc

Just Plain Jeff
07-09-2007, 08:48 AM
From what I hear from the techies, the trick on the M & G is to properly install it the first time, as it hooks into the brake system of the toad. If you get a good install, you are GTG.

Slick setup.

And you can put it on JDUB's credit card.

Gary & Peggy Stevens
07-09-2007, 03:58 PM
And you can put it on JDUB's credit card.

I heard after all the Vacationing and Repairs made during The Vacation, JDUB's Credit Cards are all MAXED OUT. :o :D

Gary S

Jerry Winchester
07-09-2007, 10:35 PM
No, don't worry about ole JDUB. He has the keys to the vault since Loc McNew has that frequent customer charge account at Stewart & Stevenson.

In fact, I heard the service manager calls him every week just to check in and he has a reserved parking spot right near the front door. How special is that?

Toy Box
07-10-2007, 09:31 PM
Ditto the m g air brake on our Tahoe. Had it installed about two years ago and it has worked fine even over Wolf Creek pass.

gmcbuffalo
07-10-2007, 11:33 PM
Ditto here on the M&G.

I had it on my Explorer and it was fool proof, I had their rep's install it.

I now have one on my Excursion and I got credit on my old one for a new one to fit the Excursion.

The trick is the install and adjustment on the push rod. Leave it to the experts who do it for a living. No place for a first time experience and a problem with braking down the road.

GregM