PDA

View Full Version : What happened to the POG forum?

Ben
07-03-2007, 11:34 PM
It seems like every day I check the forum, but each day there are fewer and fewer posts. Where is everybody?

For instance, today, I checked the New Posts list and it claims there are only three new ones! A month ago it would always have more new posts than I would care to count, but these days it's starting to feel like a ghost town.

What's up?

garyde
07-04-2007, 12:14 AM
Hi Ben. It's summer vacation for some. I was away for 10 days in June and did not check in. I have to believe others are traveling and not in touch.

Jim_Scoggins
07-04-2007, 08:03 AM
Ben:
My new to me Liberty is at Parliament coach getting a minor redo of the interior--window treatments, overhead uphostlery,carpets, new TVs and satellite stuff.

Thus, it isn't here at home for me to find new stuff (to me) to marvel at and ask questions about!

I also thought all the smart guys on the forum needed a rest from all the heavy thinkys.

rfoster
07-04-2007, 09:36 AM
Ben: Work is getting in my way. People quitting and getting fired and such. Too much work! You full timers (Lew, Ben, and Bill & Jody et al) will have to keep the board hot for a while, or until JDUB and Truck and Mango and Jon get to kicking one another again.:cool:

Also shouldn't people with two coachs have twice as much to say?

merle&louise
07-04-2007, 10:42 AM
Ben,

Gary is right; we just returned from 3 days in Destin, FL at Topsail Hill State park. It was beautiful and has good accesss to the beaches.

Then we will be off again to Oshkosh July 23 - 29 for the EAA air show. I am looking forward to dry camping with JDUB, MM, Truk4U, and who ever else shows up.

If anybody is in the area - join up with us - based on last year, it will be a great event. :)

truk4u
07-04-2007, 09:59 PM
Truk is here, just been in and out of town for the last 3 weeks, but trying to keep up. Here's a few things I've observed:

King - Don't believe the hiring and firing stuff, he's at the auction for more rolling stock to turn into green things for the Liberty.

A-1 - He doesn't get excited this time of year on the board, all his waking hours are used up fondling his garden and building a new Rally Demo.

Mango - Doesn't have time to check the board, working mucho hours at all his jerk chicken joints to keep two (2) buses going and staying ahead of the INS folks.

Jdub - Not working on the bus, he waits until vacation time to do that so he can convince Rae he needs an XL2 so he can spend more quality time with the family whilst at Wally World instead of stroking his 8V, among other things.

Loc - He sleeps at the Detroit shop to keep his place in line ahead of turd boy.

JPJ - He's hugging a tree somewhere in Skiffer land hoping to find a moose in heat.

I could go on and on, but hey, no ones listening......:D

Ben
07-04-2007, 10:54 PM
Well, it looks like the hen coop is still alive. I've simply never seen it die down that much so suddenly.

Oh, you guys are missing the 118° heat at the Salton Sea... sure glad I have a 50 amp hookup.

garyde
07-05-2007, 12:08 AM
Happy Fourth of July everyone! Whereever you are.

Jon Wehrenberg
07-05-2007, 07:27 AM
I sure hope Tom and Nancy can find their plastic fantastic soon. When he is without a bus he gets testy.

Just Plain Jeff
07-05-2007, 07:36 AM
Oh sure Tom and you think you don't have MPD?

No Foo-Foo here:

http://www.advertisenorth.com/moosecountry/moose1.jpg

Geez, these are hard to house-train.

Loc
07-05-2007, 09:06 AM
At least the boys at the Detroit shop brought in a cot. They put it on JDUB's account.

JIM CHALOUPKA
07-05-2007, 07:50 PM
Lots of 3 and 4 day trips here. The weather's too nice to sit in front of a computer.

Toy Box
07-05-2007, 09:40 PM
Ran out to our place in Durango on Memorial Day weekend, planned to stay for three days and fly back to Fll. Had bad mom problems in Tulsa ... ended up staying in Tulsa for two weeks... Flew back to Fll., worked a few days, flew back out to Durango, grabbed the bus, went back to Tulsa, stayed a few days to clean out mom's home, drove back to Fll., and are leaving tomorrow to go up to Daytona for a couple of nights of high bank racing. Haven't looked too much at the site, but I did notice we haven't seen much of what was her name? oh, yeah, Mango Kelly.!!! howdy to all you bus nuts.. Especially Fast Roger and the King. Going back to Durango next week. Cheapest fuel I have seen was at Flying J in Wichita Falls...2.62

MangoMike
07-05-2007, 10:36 PM
Toy Box,

Thanks for your concern about Corona Kelly. She's moved on from Mango's to greener pastures and has taken what we term in the restaurant business as a "straight job". She will be missed.

But to brighten your day I snapped a photo of hostessing staff from work this evening down at the beach joint.

Mango

surfsidebarney
07-07-2007, 12:53 AM
I'm here and lurking and sweltering in Indio Calif. (it has gotten to 118 degrees this week).

Not sure I have much to contribute as I'm pretty new to Prevost conversions, so, I'm mostly in the get educated mode right now.

Still waiting to see if I'm getting a Legendary or not. Waiting on Legendary to tell if they still have any available or if they have them all sold.

Rick,
Fulltiming in a 2004 CC Allure and dreaming of a Prevost

bill&jody
07-09-2007, 01:05 AM
hey, wmm and i are still in hatch, ut. seem to be stalled here enjoying the solitude and some great people. only high 80's during the day. nice! you can catch a glimpse of what we are up to on our blog ("www.wheresjodyandbill.blogspot.com"). i'm learning to drive big machinery. then maybe some day, wmm will let me drive the bus. our next date is in sturgis (actually spearfish, sd) for bike week with truk & nance and ap and dale & jan??????? and who else???? truk is sure they will have a new rig (hope we will all not be embarassed) in time for bike week. if not, we want his pull thru since we only got a back in!!!! hahahahahah.
making plans for branson. and you?
jody

MangoMike
07-09-2007, 03:25 AM
Jody,

Read your blog. You're having way too much fun.

Good for you and Bill. Living the dream.

Mango

rmboies
07-09-2007, 08:19 AM
hey, wmm and i are still in hatch, ut. seem to be stalled here enjoying the solitude and some great people. only high 80's during the day. nice! you can catch a glimpse of what we are up to on our blog ("www.wheresjodyandbill.blogspot.com"). jody

hey Jody girl, I have been reading your blog as you travel and what a blast you are having! Memories like the ones you are making are priceless! I have posted a couple of notes to you on the blog, have you gotten them? Hope to see you in Branson!

Toy Box
07-10-2007, 09:35 PM
Thanks Mango. Cute couple. Or should I say four cute couples ?