PDA

View Full Version : Carbon Monoxide Test

rfoster
06-28-2007, 10:36 PM
Mine failed!!

Have you tested your Carbon Monoxide Alarm lately? It might be a good idea. Mine indicated that it was working properly by the green light, however having torn the exhaust system for the generator loose from the generator muffler, I needed to run the gen while dry camping in Hotlanta Tuesday night, I hit the test button and nothing.

So after being P.Oed for about 10 minutes for dragging it apart, I fired the engine, cooled the bus with the OTR AC on high idle, and when I acheived meat locker status, I cut the engine off, and went to bed and slept till 6am and woke at 80 degrees.

It is a CCI controls by brand name and 12/ 24 volt power supply, mounted in the bedroom. Date of Mfg 1996. will attempt to get a new one from the same company as the hole in the cabinet won"t look to good with a band aid over it. California company so the time zone thing interfered today- will try again tommorrow.

Hit the test button before you really need it.:cool:

garyde
06-29-2007, 12:18 AM
Hi Roger. You can buy the 120 volt plug -in type at Orchard or Home Depot which will get you by until you find a replacement.