PDA

View Full Version : Install front door windows

lewpopp
06-27-2007, 11:14 PM
It seems to me that about a year and a half ago, Jon wrote about installing a window with sik-a-flex(spelling). At that time I thought it was the front window and since I saw the seminar that Gary put on installing the front windows, I realized that Jon was referring to the front side windows. Am I correct in assuming this. How do I get to that post because I am in the middle of replacing the 2 trapeziod windows in the front of the bus. One in the door and the other you look thru to see the rear view mirrow. What a bitch one was to get out.

I am going tomorrow to the glass co to see if they can keep their promise and with the same materials. I will suggest they just separate the old insulated glass, clean and then reassemble. We'll see.

Lew

lewpopp
06-28-2007, 10:51 PM
Well, I guess I'll answer my own post.

I went to another windshield installer who used to manufacture windshields, and talked to an installer. Explained how the windows were held in and he was familiar with what I was talking about.

I ordered 2 of the odd shaped windows and told them I would make preparations to pull the coach 25 miles down to the shop. Low and behold he told me they came to Watkins Glen every Monday and there is no charge for the on the spot service. They charge $65 an hour to install them and I should have the frames cleaned and ready to go by then. He said it would take but a short time to fix me up. By the way, the insulated windows will be $65 lewbucks each. I guess they are stuck on 65. It'll take 10 days to get the windows.

All's well with the windows.

Lew