PDA

View Full Version : Aircraft interiors

ken&ellen
06-27-2007, 07:58 AM
Ellen & I had our carpeting replaced locally after getting some very high quotes from a couple of Prevost experts. I guess if they see Prevost they figure you have money to burn. We were impressed by the attention to detail and the quality of workmanship we received. While at this establishment they recommended we get our 32" LCD installed by a local outfit that does interiors for Gulfstream Jets! We contacted Edwards Interiors and they invited us over for a tour of their facility.....one word....impressive! Like Prevost buses these luxury aircraft have to be refitted from time to time. Also like Prevost most everything must come through a door! These folks construct everything in a modular design using lightweight yet very strong materials. I am going to take some photos of the drawer units which have cavities molded to hold cups, plates, dishes, silverware ( although the day I was touring it was 14 carat gold )and etc. so it does not rattle during a flight. As an added plus they make, repair, and refinish Corian countertops. Edwards forwarded a quote to repair & refinish all our Corian and install our LCD TV for less than you can purchase a 46" LCD HD TV at Costco! Stand by for photo which will be posted in the next two weeks. Ken & Ellen

rmboies
06-27-2007, 08:19 AM
Ellen & I had our carpeting replaced locally after getting some very high quotes from a couple of Prevost experts. . Ken & Ellen

Ken and Ellen,

Exactly where is this place? Is it in SC, GA, I assume somewhere close to you? It would be great to have the info at hand for future use.

We replaced the carpeting in our coach last month. I had my local carpet installer, who is one I consider to be the best in the business, install ours. He did a fabulous job--much better then the original! His labor charge was $650.00. He and his son had it finished in less then a day. He had also sworn that he would NEVER do another coach prior to doing ours but we talked him into it:D

We purchased a lovely top of the line Mohawk commercial grade sculpted carpet and that ran around $400.00. Our carpet store extends a builders discount to us since we have used them for many years. Replacing the carpet is not as tough as you think, particularly is you remove the old yourself, which we did, and the installers use that as a pattern. Oh, and they kindly gave us the padding;)

ken&ellen
06-27-2007, 08:38 AM
Deb, I am guessing it is you, the place is in Rincon, GA....six miles from our home........long trip, but worth it.:D Throw a horse trailer on the bus...have some work done, ride the farm, swim in the pool, and we will go to Paula Dean's for dinner. Ken

rmboies
06-27-2007, 06:55 PM
[QUOTE=ken&ellen;15329]Deb, I am guessing it is you, the place is in Rincon, GA....six miles from our home........long trip, but worth it.:D Throw a horse trailer on the bus...have some work done, ride the farm, swim in the pool, and we will go to Paula Dean's for dinner. Ken]

Hey Ken, good guess:p We all know Bob doesn't type-ha~! I would love to come down for a visit to see you and Ellen again. We really don't need anything major done to the coach right now but it would be nice to have a tour of the Edwards facilityl. I would like to find out how to polish the marble floor, I wonder if they have marble floors in gulfstreams:confused: Maybe later this fall we will hop in the coach and head your way. Ask Paula Dean to hold a table for us!
Debi (aka "just one of the guys")

Jerry Winchester
06-27-2007, 07:58 PM
K&E,

I will be curious to see what the quote is. The only place I can think that would be more expensive than a coach place would be an airplane place. I had the interior redone in the Bonanza and have also had the same thing done in the coach and we could have done about 5 coaches for what it cost to do one small plane.

ken&ellen
06-27-2007, 09:13 PM
Jerry, To have the TV installed in the overhead and all the Corian polished and one crack repaired was around $900. I am sure that if my job required special engineering it would have been more expensive. They showed me components that they are manufacturing for a 30 year old G-2 that is in London. It is done with lasers and CAD programs....constructed here and shipped to London for install. I could spend days there watching the different processes. Ken

ken&ellen
07-18-2007, 06:52 PM
We are having the work done that we described in an earlier post. We were invited to review the progress yesterday and were very impressed by their methods. The entry area and all the furniture were completely covered. The walls and any area that could be scratched was covered in bubble wrap. This meets the requirements that Gulfstream mandates during the manufacture of their jet aircraft. Since they were refinishing the Corian counters they utilized a air conditioning / air exchange system that removes particles from the air and exhausts them. I can not wait to post the pictures of the LCD TV sand the repairs to the laminate that a certain camping supply company damaged while installing our new washer/dryer comb unit. These folks are masters at laminates. For those of you with really deep pockets they also do custom veiner work in mahogany, walnut, cherry, and or any exotic wood. Stay tuned. Ken & Ellen

Joe Cannarozzi
07-18-2007, 07:52 PM
Sounds really exciting.

If we can ever get past all the mechanical issues on our old tub Debbie can not wait to move onto all the interior stuff like you.

We have a local guy who did some custom hardwood floors in our house. He wants to put a hardwood floor in the bus to match what is around the windows but he wants to use a hering-bone pattern and put a maple and ebony inlaid wood medalian of an elongated compass in the center. Showed us a picture of his idea, sweet.

Probably take us years to get to that point but, it's comming:)

grantracy
07-18-2007, 08:35 PM
K&E,

I will be curious to see what the quote is. The only place I can think that would be more expensive than a coach place would be an airplane place. I had the interior redone in the Bonanza and have also had the same thing done in the coach and we could have done about 5 coaches for what it cost to do one small plane.
Just went thru an aircraft refurb and I agree with you however the whole issue of approved materials disassembly/inspections/ reassembly and 337s(for silly things like drinkholders)of aircraft drive a lot of that,also just had our coach interior redone at a major converter who suggested I might want to convert a small pantry into a wine rack for 7,900...dont ask about converting to flat screen over drivers station.

rmboies
07-19-2007, 08:15 AM
We are having the work done that we described in an earlier post. , Stay tuned. Ken & Ellen

Ken & Ellen,

Can't wait to see the finished product I am sure it will be beautiful........