PDA

View Full Version : Did you see Kerley run?

lewpopp
06-21-2007, 10:27 PM
Folks, I just started cooling down from the funniest thing I have ever run across.

Myself and a couple of friends who live at ODR in Port St Lucie take turns monotor the front gate which is new to us and all who attempt to pass forth.

My attention was drawn to a Prevost owner trying to get into ODR. First you must know the pad is accessible only at car height, so you must drive the car in first and follow with your coach IMMEDIATELY. You need 2 drivers.

Not this guy. He got out of his coach, activated the gate and slowly got back in the coach only to see the gate closing. He tried it again, and again. He did not realize that if you challenge a closing gate, it will re-open.

After some fancy viewing, I saw who the master of the Prevost was.

None other than MIKE KERLEY. The polish guy.

Mike, get the queen off of her throne for a moment and have her activate the gate for you.

How many times did you try it? 5 o6? You can put sound on the moon and around the earth, but cripes, figure this out.

Love, Lew

Jon Wehrenberg
06-22-2007, 07:06 AM
Lew,

As JDUB would say, that was way harsh.

Just Plain Jeff
06-22-2007, 07:29 AM
Perhaps a moment of self-reflection is in order.

I'd like to see the video of, "Lew running."

Now that would be a YouTube spectacular.

Ah, the mendacity of it all.

lewpopp
06-22-2007, 10:39 AM
In the good days, it would have been a job to keep up with me. Practically ran around my stores working.

Listn here, I ran cross country for St Bona's back in the dark ages along with Freshman basketball and baseball. Now I have trouble spelling it.

Lewster or Pop as I was called in those days. OK JDUB, come on with the poop jokes.

mike kerley
06-25-2007, 08:46 PM
Lew, I was going to let this slide, consider the source and all, but I cant do it. I made three attempts at the gate, figured out on the first one you cannot get out of the coach, open the gate and casually walk back to the coach. On the second attempt, I opened it with the door open, still missed it, next time with the transmission in gear and parking brake set. Its a shame you cant afford a second terminal at Prevost Height, being ODR and all. Maybe installed that instead of the internet camera.

Its takes one person to hook up my tow car and unhook it, drive the bus and park most places we've been, but TWO to open the gate at PSL, I dont think so!!!

Love,

Mike

lewpopp
06-25-2007, 10:51 PM
You are absolutely correct when it comes to entering the confines of PSL, but I was put up to this by an un-named person whose name will not be reveiled.

I happen to have one of the past board members here in Watkins Glen visiting and I asked him why they didn't put in a high pad for the coaches. His answer was that they measured nearly every configuration of coach and they would not have satisfied but a few with a higher pad. That answer was inadequate but I dropped the subject cuz it has been brought up before. Ya know, when one is elected to the board, their personality and common sense changes with the position. Oh, excuse me Mike, I forgot, I think you are the Grand Puppaa of the river. OOOOPS !!!!

merle&louise
06-25-2007, 11:25 PM
Mike,

I can sympathize with your frustration, how smart does the engineer have to be to understand that only one person may be operating the gate, i.e. a single man traveling alone. Or that it is a PITA to have to get out of the coach and press the damn code, then stand there until the coach goes thru the gate. Or if it is raining, then the wife gets to stand in the rain while the coach drives thru.

Tiger Run in Breckenridge has two keypads (a high and a low) and so does several other RV resorts around the country . I guess the engineers at ODR aren't smart enough to handle a complex task like installing two keypads.

Two years ago we stayed at Port Plymouth, WI to attend the air show in OSHKOSH (it was the closest campground we could find). The rocket scientist that designed the entrance to this CG built 3 gates 8' wide each, adjacent to one another, instead of building one or two 12' wide gates. This forced everyone with a 102" wide coach to have to enter thru the exit gate, which was (you guessed it) 12' wide! :D :D

mike kerley
06-26-2007, 09:43 AM
Lew, you've given me another reason to keep on working. I've got to have more to do in retirement than watch a video camera 1200 miles away aimed at the gate to an RV park. Reminds me of the first digital clock on the bank in Cedar Falls Iowa in the 50's. Folks would stare at it to see the time change. What excitement. Then they added the tempurature. Overwhelming.

I've got to go back to ODR this week to clean the concrete, my detroit did a #2 on the concrete. Cant leave that for Karen.

AND, yes, being on the board does change ones perspective. I'll be glad when its over!

Jerry Winchester
06-26-2007, 03:23 PM
Did I miss something? I go thru one of these gates all the time in my coach and the only thing they need to do is set the closing time a little longer. Granted, I don't like having to get out, but I can do that, punch in the code and be back in the coach moving before the gate fully opens much less closes.

But I did go thru several gates during vacation that were barely big enough to get the coach thru and were not toad friendly.