PDA

View Full Version : Fmca ?

ajhaig
06-15-2007, 04:51 PM
I understand there are benefits to joining the FMCA. I've notice that some coaches have a FMCA plaque on the back, is it a requirement to display the plaque?

Are there any other organizations that I should join?

Thanks.

AJ

Ray Davis
06-15-2007, 05:05 PM
I've been a member since 1991, however I've never displayed my plaque. Just recently purchased new plaques, as I was thinking about it!!

FMCA will save you money at campgrounds, and that alone is probably worth the $25 per year fee.

Other organizations? Wow, there's a ton.

1. Some kind of Road Assistance?
2. Good Sam - Saves money at campgrounds, has emergency road service too.
3. Presidents Club - Camping World, good for members prices.
4. KOA - Value Card - discount at KOA campgrounds
5. Camping clubs like 1000 Trails, RPI, Coast to Coast, etc?

Arguably they are not necessary, but somehow over the years I've collected almost all of them!

Ray

dalej
06-15-2007, 05:31 PM
I just renewed my good sam membership after not belonging for five years. Didn't see any need, but last night a guy called and ask if I wanted to renew since it was just $33 for 3 years and included a free night at a good sam park and they started a discount gas program. Thought I can't loose to much.

I also belong to Fmca since the road side assistance add on looks to be a good insurance tool. haven't used it yet.

Thats my clubs ;)

ps...i threw my fmca signs away when they arrived

win42
06-15-2007, 11:36 PM
AJ : I belong to FMCA the monthly magazine equals the dues costs. We have made one west coast FMCA rally and enjoyed it. You have to check with POG people in your area for information on their events in that regeon. There is a FMCA rally scheduled in Redmond Oregon in early August. That will be a good one and will get you close to a trip up the Oregon/Washington Coast and maybe a trip through the N. California Redwoods. Enjoy that new coach.

bill&jody
06-16-2007, 07:51 PM
ray and dale: why wouldn't you display your FMCA #? just curious.
wmm

Ray Davis
06-16-2007, 08:11 PM
It's not that I wouldn't. I just never got around to it. Wasn't high on the priority list. As I mentioned, I recently purchase new plates, and I may try to figure where/how to attach them.