PDA

View Full Version : List of aftermarket parts

ken&ellen
01-04-2006, 08:19 AM
As I am getting into the flow of owning my Liberty....I am finding that many parts are non-standard! Who can we get exterior lighting parts from? Do we have to replace the whole unit? Gaskets, seals, & etc. neeed upgrading on all levels....Prevost has a very complete list, but only with their internal part numbers. Maybe a contact list? ie: talk to Joe at Uline or Monica at Jacobs.
Share the knowledge with the group....I promise to return the favor....as information comes my way. Thanks Ken

Jon Wehrenberg
01-14-2006, 04:57 PM
I sent you an email.

Note to the Southern Command:

Is it possible to pull together easily all of the tips for sources over the years that were posted on the other site? Just in the last few months there have been a lot of sources and phone numbers suggested, but since no coach is identical to another the best solution to K&E's suggestion might be a master compilation.

Even Bill Adams might find it worth to pay money to join to get his hands on a master source list because that is where a ton of money can be saved.

ken&ellen
01-15-2006, 09:46 AM
Thanks Jon,
I have already added a couple of minature lamp # to the list.
Ken

Jon Wehrenberg
01-15-2006, 10:52 AM
One thing that may be of interest to all.

Except for certain items our bus and house is essentially a bunch of purchased parts bolted together.

Prevost and the converters buy the things that comprise our motorhomes. I have always looked for labels or names on everything and usually I can find my way to a source, often locally. Where there is no label or data plate the guys in Prevost parts have often provided me with the trade number and source for the part such as with light bulbs.

The house is similar in that the things that may need servicing such as toe space heaters, cruise airs, or even leveling valves are all available from sources other than the converter. Additionally such as in the case of cruise airs those sources are also excellent places to get advice or trouble shooting help.

All it takes is the discipline to record the information on various components or their data plates every time you have an opportunity to access that information. Then at a later date such as when you need an axle bearing you can bring the axle model number to the truck parts store and they can usually pull out the correct bearing.

Jeffery Raymond
01-15-2006, 04:47 PM
We now have a new Forum for posting links.

There is no magic in building a coach, save a few custom parts and some manufacturing technology.

We've tried to figure out how to transfer the postings on "The Other Board" over here; it would have to be done manually. If you happen to snag a resource from there, put it here to share!

lewpopp
01-19-2006, 10:23 PM
About a year ago I purchased some stainless steel rear corners with LED lights .

I noticed today they are coming loose. I also saw a mechanic Sikiflexing another pair of the same.

These were made by International Bus & Parts in Apopka ,Fl.

These lights are held to the outside stainless with double faced tape. Can you imagine that. What would it have taken to spot weld the back frame to the outside. Is this a MICKEY MOUSE operation.

I'll call Rich tomorrow and get some satisfaction or else. Hell, I have too many lines to stand in already with Ramco, etc.:mad: :mad: