PDA

View Full Version : Bus WithTrailer / Bus With Truck And Trailer

JIM CHALOUPKA
06-15-2007, 09:15 AM
Debi,Kim,Jack14rand anyone else, Wondering When you go to a horse show do you ever, sometimes, or never pull a horse trailer with "THE BUS"?

Do you have any stories to tell?

merle&louise
06-15-2007, 01:50 PM
Hi Jim,

Karen and I used to pull a 2 horse trailer behind our '93 Newell. It pulled fine, at least the horses never complained!:)

It was a little tricky backing up, but I eventually got the hang of it. We sure had some good times dry camping and riding the horses. We stayed in DeSoto State Park in Mississippi, no hookups, just water and the most beautiful riding trails thru the hills and the piney woods. Once we came upon a deer grazing, and he just looked up at us and continued grazing. It was beautiful. We were told by a hunter that the reason the deer didn't run away was because we were on horseback, he figured we were just another animal in the woods.

Those were good times, thanks for jogging our memories.:cool:

rmboies
06-15-2007, 04:18 PM
Jim,

I don't think Bob would let one of the horses get near the bus:D When we do have to transport we always pull the horse trailer with our dually. We don't show the horses ourselves (can you picture Bob on a horse, well maybe driving in a roadster class) so if one of our horses is showing they normally go on a commercial transport with the trainer. I think it would be fun to do what Tuga and Karen describe but I am pretty sure it won't be happening in this lifetime with Bob:o

There is a gal from Michigan who shows Morgans and her family has two Prevost's. One coach has a matching trailer but the trailer is full of show clothes and tack, no horses:eek:

I have always wanted to head to the beach and ride.....There is one time of the year, in the fall I believe, where they open up a section of Myrtle Beach for riding. Anyone want to go? I can haul the horses with the dually and one of you can drive the bus!!