PDA

View Full Version : Or not so nice.....

dalej
06-13-2007, 11:37 PM
We were in the land of Prevost (Nashville, TN.) last week and saw more bus's then anywhere else we have traveled. What surprised us most is that a lot of bus's are not taken care of the way POG'ers do. We seen an 05 that the Girrard was about blowing off, a couple of 97's that looked like they were on their last leg or tire.

When we are at a POG rally every bus seems to be shinning with the owners pride. When we were looking at dealers bus's in Nashville we thought...why doesn't anyone take care of these bus's. One bus in front of us at the river stage left his S60 on low idle for 6 hours, thought it was going to freeze up.

On another note.....we were parked at Yogi Bear RV park and a couple of 08 month old Newell's and a new H3 pulled in, they were the most beautiful coach's. The owners were quite opposite, they had no intention of talking to anyone else in the park. The guy parked next to us had one of the Newells and I walked over to say hi, big mistake, I could smell his money. Funny thing was he was caulking his windshield because it was leaking water in, on a brand new coach.

Note...Just keep it real we all put our pants on one leg at a time.

garyde
06-14-2007, 12:43 AM
I'm always sorry to hear how people who are embracing the RV Lifestyle miss out on one of the rewards, meeting new people. You have to feel sorry for them. I'm thinking they were'nt raised right!
There is no reason to not be cordial and welcoming even if you are in the middle of something. I know I have been interupted while doing something, but it is all part of the journey.

Jon Wehrenberg
06-14-2007, 09:05 AM
I don't know if it is a sign of the times or what, but when we got our first bus there were still very few motorhome conversions. So out on the road buses (passenger) would flash their lights and wave. All conversions would wave or yell on the CB. Truckers always wanted to talk on the CB and often would make comments about how nice the coach looked. Even entertainer coaches that were usually Eagles or MCI would flash their lights or wave as they passed

The only group that was almost always aloof were owners of Bluebirds.

Now, maybe because of the relatively large number of coaches, or because things have changed not even other conversions wave or give a yell on the CB.

We still say Hi to folks in a campground, but when stuck up folks blow us off we take the hint and leave them alone.

Just Plain Jeff
06-14-2007, 11:04 AM
[QUOTE=Jon Wehrenberg;14903] When we got our first bus there were still very few motorhome conversions. QUOTE]

No kiddin'.

http://historyforkids.utah.gov/fun_and_games/photos/images/picturestocolor/large/wagon_train_photo_large.jpg

Back on the Oregon Trail, life was hard, with very few rest stops at which every nut and bolt could be retorqued and each system pressure checked. Folks were indeed different then and when a fella shook yer hand, his word was as good as his bond.

Not shown in this particular photo from the A1 archives is The Man himself. He is just to the right of the picture, regreasing the wheels of the tool wagon. They were bought at Bill Grainger's ol' General Store, which of course, has morphed into WW Grainger, still a favorite of the old codger himself.

Just thought it would be good to provide some additional perspective here.

bill&jody
06-14-2007, 12:41 PM
I'm always sorry to hear how people who are embracing the RV Lifestyle miss out on one of the rewards, meeting new people. You have to feel sorry for them. I'm thinking they were'nt raised right!
There is no reason to not be cordial and welcoming even if you are in the middle of something. I know I have been interupted while doing something, but it is all part of the journey.

so right, gary.
we have met so many really great people - in all sorts of "rv's". funny, though a couple pulled in last night where we are in hatch, ut - very rustic campground in a 96 - 98 marathon (sorry i don't have the identifying eyes) and were very rude. bill went over to say hello and was basically ignored. no need to introduce them to pog. they pulled in late at night and had a hard time with the pull thru - spent a lot of time appearing to be troubleshooting something underneath in the morning. bill was headed over to offer assistance - NOT.
maybe maiden voyage and nervous, but no need to be rude.
this also happened at la hacienda in las cruces. of course, they all had new H's . . . say no more lol:rolleyes:
here, there are 3 couples who have been fulltiming for combined 50 years and we are enjoying their company daily. this is what it is all about.
just my 2 cents . . .
jody