PDA

View Full Version : Big Red Sold

truk4u
06-13-2007, 08:24 PM
Delivered Big Red today to the new owner in Alabama, sniff, sniff, sniff....:(

It sold within 60 days and the selling factor (other than the condition) was it being a 40'. Now before you 45' weenies start throwing darts at me, the buyers reason was he was going to pull the longest stacker trailer he could find and wanted as much trailer length as possible. For him it's a winning combination.

Now the hunt begins......;)

dalej
06-13-2007, 08:40 PM
That's great Tom, I don't know weather to be happy or sad for you guys, you had a really nice one. Wish you the best on your hunt, are you going to do a Mango and leave the wife out of it. :)

Just Plain Jeff
06-13-2007, 08:42 PM
Kudos to you Tom!

Now we can both work on The Wood. :D

rmboies
06-13-2007, 08:55 PM
I am sniffling too Tom, it just won't be the same without Big Red!! BUT, the search for a new bus will be fun:D Let us know when you and Nanc find the next Big Red;)

JIM CHALOUPKA
06-13-2007, 10:01 PM
Good going Tom, Welcome to the busless croud. You did it right, one bus at a time. I'll bet it's sad to look at your empty garage:(

Maybe you already have some hot prospects picked out for a new one. I don't think you are the H type but what do I know:)

So if your knocking the weenies looking for 45'rs, what do you want another 40'.:confused:

Whatever you do don't go over to wood side. Go for metal, Stainless Steel.

garyde
06-14-2007, 12:58 AM
Hi Tom, if you know kinda what you have in mind, share. We can keep an eye out.

dalej
06-14-2007, 08:42 AM
Tom, I forgot to ask if the new owner is a POG person or going to be a new member?

truk4u
06-14-2007, 09:09 AM
Jim,

I'm not knocking the 45's, that's what I will be getting, but in this case, the 40' worked for this fellow.

Dale - Hopefully he will become a Pogger

Gary - Marathon

Gary & Peggy Stevens
06-14-2007, 09:53 AM
Tom congratulations on selling Big Red, I guess? Is it true about Busses what they say about boats, " The best day is when you buy it, and the second best day is when you sell it?"

You didn't give us any of the specifics you were looking for, Budget, slides, no slides, H or XL or XLII?

But have you seen this one on RVOnline?

http://www.rvonline.com/single-ad.asp?Recnumber=36231

I wish this one was in our budget? :(

Gary S

Loc
06-14-2007, 09:54 AM
Tom,

I know of a really clean bus that was only driven by a little old lady to church on Sundays. Give me a call.

Loc

Loc
06-14-2007, 09:57 AM
Gary

I have talked to the owner of the 01 Marathon. It is a nice coach in very good shape. It is one that is on my list if I can sell mine. I, like Tom, (that probably doesn't sound right even with the commas) don't want to be a member of the two bus club.

Loc

bill&jody
06-14-2007, 11:25 AM
OMG - can't believe it! congrats (i think). someone will be very happy with BR. did you work in the matching jeep?
hey, hope you will have new digs in time for sturgis. unfortunately, our couch is not a pull out - actually, i think wmm planned it that way! got a tent? hahahahahah
good for you!
happy hunting! nice to have it sold before finding "the right one".
see you soon,
jody (and bill)

MangoMike
06-14-2007, 02:38 PM
I think someone has H3 Fever.

I'll miss Big Red in my rear-view.

mm