PDA

View Full Version : rental/lease

dmills
06-13-2007, 05:06 PM
A friend has admired my Featherlite XL and is interested in the possibility of buying a coach. I encouraged him to try one out with his family. He is interested in doing just that while attending Oshkosh this year. He is experienced in motorhomes. Anyone know any resources for a rental/lease for a high end Prevost coach for a couple of weeks or perhaps one month?

Gary & Peggy Stevens
06-13-2007, 06:36 PM
I have looked into Rental, Long Term Timeshare and everything in between for a Prevost coach, with no luck. I currently timeshare a 40' Discovery and would be extremely interested in a Timeshare for a Bus, but what I have found out is the company or two that tried renting them out, quit doing it, for insurance and Liability reasons. :eek:

I did find a company that will rent them for a week, month or all year, BUT, you not only Pay for the rental of the bus, you pay mileage, and you pay for one of their drivers to drive you everywhere, WHAT IS THE FUN IN THAT??? And did I mention that you PAY $$$$$. :(

Good Luck with this one, and by all means let me know if you find something for your friend.

Gary S.

Petervs
06-13-2007, 07:52 PM
OK Come on, get with the program here. A Prevost coach is not just a motorhome, and you can not just try one out for a bit and then decide.

That is how it should be. Like getting married. Either you are in or you are out. Be a man. Make a commitment, do your research and write your check. That is how we all did it.

Spending a small amount on a rental ( well, small compared to buying one anyway) and then "pretending" you own a real machine would simply dilute the experience for the rest of us. I for one hope you can never rent a Prevost.

In the corporate jet world you can own a share of one, and they provide a pilot to fly you around when you want, etc. But that is just fancy transportation. A Prevost coach is a way of life on the road, and you should not be able to fake that.

Most Prevost owners paid their dues by RVing in tents, trailers and plastic coaches, then they bit the bullet and did the right thing. That is the right way to do it in my opinion.

truk4u
06-13-2007, 08:08 PM
Peter ole boy, I couldn't have said it any better!;)

jello_jeep
06-13-2007, 08:34 PM
Now,,,, does anyone else hear a NON BUS OWNER chiming in here ? :p :p :D

Sorry, couldn't resist ... hheheheh

Jon Wehrenberg
06-13-2007, 08:45 PM
You go Peter....

Tom....I think you just got bitch slapped.

Warren.....duck the next time you see Tom. You may just find yourself with water pouring down your butt crack.

dmills....Apart from the emotional reasons Peter brings to the table, there is a practical reason I would hope they never rent Prevost coaches. A non-owner can screw up a coach pretty quickly through lack of knowledge about the systems. That individual will be turned off by the experience. The best way is to have a friend with a Prevost bring them along, stopping where there are campgrounds and cabins or hotel rooms co-located so they can spend as much time as possible at the coach.

rfoster
06-13-2007, 10:11 PM
Well Said Peter,

I am glad you can't get the milk from the cow thru the fence in this case-- you have to buy the cow! Yeah:cool:

Let your imagination go--- what a non owner 'renter' could do to a Prevost over a weekend on the road.

JIM CHALOUPKA
06-13-2007, 10:33 PM
Well done ole chap well done indeed!

garyde
06-14-2007, 12:52 AM
A friend has admired my Featherlite XL and is interested in the possibility of buying a coach. I encouraged him to try one out with his family. He is interested in doing just that while attending Oshkosh this year. He is experienced in motorhomes. Anyone know any resources for a rental/lease for a high end Prevost coach for a couple of weeks or perhaps one month?

Actually, Featherlite was selling shares on Prevosts at one time and it went sideways. There are many of thos Companies in Tennesse which lease Prevost entertainment style, but they come with a driver. Check out 'www.allstarcoaches.com' , they rent RV's of different types. Plan on paying 6-7 k per week.

truk4u
06-14-2007, 09:14 AM
Jeep,

Don't make me post that next picture!;)