PDA

View Full Version : Photo of Coach

ajhaig
06-10-2007, 08:06 PM
Hey... I figured out how to post a photo.

Here is the 1991 Marathon I recently bought.

ajhaig
06-10-2007, 08:11 PM
Inside shot...

ajhaig
06-10-2007, 08:13 PM
inside shot....

dale farley
06-10-2007, 08:25 PM
AJ, Great looking coach. You did good.

JIM CHALOUPKA
06-10-2007, 08:42 PM
Looks real nice AJ, I like the wood. Not too light not too dark.

Dale your post says 8:25. I read it at 8:18. Go figure:o

We must be too hard on the server with all this activity and heavy use:eek:

mikedee
06-10-2007, 08:59 PM
I was in this coach several years ago in Las Vegas. My wife and I really liked it and have talked about the coach several times. Great way to roll, enjoy it.

Joe Cannarozzi
06-11-2007, 08:28 AM
Andrew

When do you get to pick it up?

I really believe that the bunks in that bus add to its value at resale. Lotta famlies traveling around and very few busses with them. Looks like very little compramise to the floor plan was made to fit them in.

rmboies
06-11-2007, 09:16 AM
AJ,

Very nice indeed and I am very excited for you and your family to begin this adventure. I hope you have an excellent camera and plenty of memory sticks/cards because you will be making memories for a lifetime:D --What do your kids think about it?

ajhaig
06-12-2007, 04:51 PM
AJ,

Very nice indeed and I am very excited for you and your family to begin this adventure. I hope you have an excellent camera and plenty of memory sticks/cards because you will be making memories for a lifetime:D --What do your kids think about it?

Bob,

We are very excited about the adventure... My wife and children have only seen photographs (they've never been inside a bus or rv). Every time our three year old sees a bus he asks "is that like Daddy's bus?"!

We still don't have a departure date yet and haven't decided when we will pick up the bus.

Thanks.

AJ

Ray Davis
06-12-2007, 06:31 PM
AJ,

Just a minor caution here. Please don't plan on just picking this coach up one day, and taking off cross country the next. For several reasons, but the two more important are (1) this is a vintage coach, and (2) you are new to the RV travel adventure.

I'm more worried about the coach. I purchased a 93 coach, and thought I was in pretty good shape for a cross country trip. Little known to me, issues prevented that trip, and I spent a fair amount of time (and $$) getting all of these issues resolved.

I would highly suggest get the coach over to Prevost or some other authorized service facility, and have it gone through. Complete service, and have them look for any issues. New tires might be in order. And most importantly for a summer trip, make sure the A/C's are working properly! All of them!

I would highly suggest several short trips to get acquainted with your bus, and give you a chance to work out any issues before a long trip.

Ray

Will Garner
07-28-2007, 02:59 PM
AJ,

Agree with everything Ray and the others have said. One other minor thing you might want to do for a couple of days is spend some time with driving practice. That is if this is your first bus.

Carole and I bought ours on January 1 this year. I wish I had taken a couple days to get acquainted with where all the controls are and what visual queues help keep the bus going down the road between the centerline and the edge line - on the correct side of the road! We spent two years looking for one and about three hours driving it directly hom on I-40 (not too bad) and then a mostly two lane, curvy and hilly section os US 64. More seat time would have greatly reduced the number of butterflies fluttering around in my tummy!

Will

Be especially careful making turns. Replacing the stainless is also expensive and time consuming - not to mention making you feel like a real dolt!

Also, be patient with the wife. She can be your best asset to a smooth ride. I'd also recommend using her for a spotter - helps keep dings off the stainless!