PDA

View Full Version : XM Radio Problem

JIM KELLER
06-07-2007, 03:36 PM
Has anyone experienced this problem ? On our trip to Kerrville and back the Satellite Radio Receiver would intermittently display "no signal" and "antenna." With this display we were unable to receive any stations. Now that we are back in our home territory of Florida and North Carolina it is working fine. The XM Antenna is secure on the roof and there are no connection problems between the receiver and the aux side of the Bose Stereo system. Did anyone else experience poor reception on their trip ? Is additional programming required for different areas of the country ? I tried contacting the XM help desk but the middle eastern and I could not understand each other and I gave up.

Gary & Peggy Stevens
06-07-2007, 03:57 PM
Jim, I have XM Radio too, and every once in awhile I will loose the signal.

It could have been the hill country, weather related, or you just forgot to pay your bill?

Hope this problem doesn't keep you from coming back to our neck of the woods for visits now and again?

Gary S

Jon Wehrenberg
06-07-2007, 07:22 PM
This may or may not be related.

XM has been having issues with the aviation weather, and during the trip to and from Kerrville I had some long periods before the weather was updated. It happened again on 5/24 going from Knoxville TN to Jamestown NY with long periods without weather reporting on my GPS.

Returning to TN on 5/30 the XM worked perfectly the entire time.

I get XM on our Direct TV and that does not seem affected.

Danss
08-03-2007, 12:16 PM
You mentioned an antenna on the roof. Did this come with your package? I only have an 8 ft wire with a magnet attached to the end and just cannot find a suitable place to attach it and recieve a signal on all points of the compass. Any help greatly appreciated. Thanks, Dan

garyde
08-03-2007, 11:34 PM
Hi Danss. buy another satelite antenna, with a 20 foot line. Place it on a metal frame above your drivers cab area below the roof. I placed mine on the ceiling metal superstructure and I get 100% reception.