PDA

View Full Version : Must move from fairgrounds

lewpopp
06-06-2007, 11:04 PM
A couple years ago I thought I had found Utopia for the coach in the Elmira area.

Now I understand that there is a clause in the fairground rules that the camping is for events only.

I haven't been officially told to move but I know there is really not a place to go in this area convenient to all of my medical caregivers. We're in a pickle.

I have a lot of political contacts in the area and will try harder to see if I can twist an arm or two, to change it. I doubt I can. With all of the kids in the area, none of them has a place for me to park the coach, bummer.

I must find a place and I would like to buy a pole barn like Jim C but don't want the taxes, etc.

Lew

Just Plain Jeff
06-07-2007, 08:48 AM
The Lewster said: "I have a lot of political contacts in the area..."

YMK: The real question here is, should the Lewmeister allow the fairgrounds to operate on their schedule. He knows guys who know guys. Look out Elmira.

JIM CHALOUPKA
06-07-2007, 09:04 AM
A couple years ago I thought I had found Utopia for the coach in the Elmira area.

Now I understand that there is a clause in the fairground rules that the camping is for events only.

I haven't been officially told to move but I know there is really not a place to go in this area convenient to all of my medical caregivers. We're in a pickle.

I have a lot of political contacts in the area and will try harder to see if I can twist an arm or two, to change it. I doubt I can. With all of the kids in the area, none of them has a place for me to park the coach, bummer.

I must find a place and I would like to buy a pole barn like Jim C but don't want the taxes, etc.

Lew

Lew, You have already gotten past storing STUFF and live in an exposed bus. Find a piece of land without zoning or where the zoning allows you to park and live in the bus. If it is in the country without improvements, pick a place with someone's future house in mind and put in the improvements for your current use and anyones potential use. When you are ready to move on, your property will be marketable to someone to build a house. The taxes on bare ground with septic, water and electric only should be very minimal! The zoning is usually the tricky part. Don't panic and don't give up. Maybe one of your family members wants you to live next door and would be willing to move to accomodate your situation/circumstances with a small part of their land. Now that your back to Elmira have a family reunion and make your situation the topic of the day. I bet with your large family you will come up with a solution.:rolleyes:
This first consultation is FREE:D any more and there will be a price to pay:p

truk4u
06-07-2007, 02:07 PM
Louie,

What about this:

New Plantation Motel & Campground
2046 State Route 17
Elmira, NY 14901
Contact New Plantation Motel & Campground
Phone: (607) 737-9008

PS - Hi Kathy, is he still grouchy?:p

lewpopp
06-07-2007, 10:37 PM
Truk....

What do you know about the Plantation Motel? There is no campground that I know of. They are so hard up for business they may be looking for a camper or two. Come on, fess up with the knowledge.

Jeff....

I have just today received the word and I have to move out Tuesday. As you sort of insinuated, I an "huddling" ready to make some sort of move. There are some printed matter on the decision and I would like to have it in my paws before I call the first play.

Jin...

You have the perfect idea. If I had a family picnic of that sort, attendance would not be too good unless I lied and said I was handing out Lewbucks. And you know that won't happen.

We went to a marina today and a couple of chicks came out of their campers and said if we move in, be ready to party. First of all, Kathy and I are way beyond that, and secondly, the chicks should be told to act their age of 60-65 and take it easy. That queered us from that place but who knows, we are running out of ideas. Sams Club is looking better and better. We are just not into people drinking their main meal and that's exactly what they do, I'm sure.

Tomorrow's another day.

Lew

mike kerley
06-08-2007, 09:32 AM
Lew, Fire that baby up and come on back to PSL. Were starting to get some rain, grass is turning green again. Summer in Florida taint so bad!

lewpopp
06-09-2007, 11:02 PM
After much ado, we have landed at a spot in Watkins Glen and I will re-learn why I disliked the place before.

I can get in there if I play jump from lot to lot for3 months and then vacate the park during two weeks when NASCAR and another festival are in town. I can hop around for 2 weeks then.

Mr Kerley....I fear hurricanes so I'll stay North for a while.

Lew

mike kerley
06-11-2007, 03:01 PM
Lew, I just looked outside. No hurricanes anywhere to be seen.

You get plenty of notice on ones arrival if that should ever happen again.

almost as much notice as you got to move out of the fair grounds.. PLus, florida is further away from the kids.