PDA

View Full Version : They're b-a-c-k...

Just Plain Jeff
06-05-2007, 08:02 PM
Well, the story goes something like this:

We'd been pretty much full-timing for several years in campers and tried the toy house in Florida routine with the RV port. From the outside, we had the Liberty Prevert, the digs in Florida, free to travel, ya-da-ya-da ya-da. But some serious family things came up and we decided to chuck what many people may think is the perfect life. We sold the Prevert and are in the process of buying a house s-o-o-n in Maine.

Now, for the few of you who will admit to knowing the Sled Dog and JPJ, this may not come as a surprise. For the rest of you kind souls who have been allowed visiting privileges in the asylum, please bear with this post if you really have nothing else to do.

Over the course of the years, I will admit, that we have had about as many campers as some converters have ever made. That's an actual fact. No apologies here, as some people claim to know about the nuts and bolts and stuff that are inside a camper. We know how to buy and sell 'em. (Practice making perfect).

Now that we are just about completed on the house deal in Maine, not far from Mr. James Skiff (and oh, isn't he thrilled?) Those of us who have been kicking around this board are in for a really nifty treat: We have high-speed broadband at our new house and there are going to be times when we are bored and will tell long rambling stories about insignificant stuff on this forum. That is the job of the people who are actually much older than us, such as A1, et al., but we are in training and will get graded on it.

There are important things for us to do, such as revisit the idea of statehood for Oklahoma, being that our new home and private woods are not far from the state house. We had thought it was a good idea to convert the desert there into a state, but perhaps this needs to be reconsidered, since no semblance of civilization has emerged from there yet.

For the new folks, Helen, harshly named as the Sled Dog by JDUB, is a retired Hospice Nurse and I really can't remember what I did for work that much, but more or less got regular assignments. I still fiddle around with some work at the Post Office when needed and will be setting up a killer woodshop in our new digs. Thing is, we gave away all of our stuff when we went into the RV thing and the kids don't want to give it back. (Ungrateful swine). So we'll have to make our own. At one point I remember owning a custom furniture outfit, so expect to see some Shaker furniture reproductions as well as some other new ideas come out of the joint if I don't chop off a finger in the process.

Feel free to PM with questions about buyin' and sellin' If you have any questions about how the camper works, remember that most of the clowns here make up all this stuff and have no liability. :D

So we're back on the board (Until our account gets zapped!)

Thanks much for reading this rambling. Now you can go back to sleep.

MangoMike
06-05-2007, 08:22 PM
JPJ,

This is great news as it adds more fodder for posting comments to Mrs. Mango as in "can you believe what this dude has posted, what the heck was he thinking". etc, etc.

Mango

Jon Wehrenberg
06-05-2007, 08:26 PM
Welcome back. Just the other day I was thinking this forum needs a three fingered carpenter that doesn't know how to hide his buses from the repo guys.

Except when Winchester ain't putting out fires this forum has been doing OK. It was fun while it lasted.

JIM CHALOUPKA
06-05-2007, 08:54 PM
Welcome back JR. Don't cut off anything until you autograph your book for me:p

Now that you see fit to re-appear, what were the new things for/about the forum you were holding back until after POG III?

:D

jack14r
06-05-2007, 09:59 PM
I have been thinking about a liberty prevert,how are those guys to deal with?

lewpopp
06-05-2007, 10:29 PM
Great, Jeff,

Wonderful to smell your voice. Hope Helen remembers where the on switch is on the larger saws, etc. Sure as hell you don't know. Good luck and what the dickens are we going to do when you start to shake all over and get MPD again.

Lew and Kathy

Just Plain Jeff
06-06-2007, 08:03 AM
I am writing this in a bigger size so A1 can read it.

Oh sure, beat up on the young, good-looking kid who moved back into the neighborhood.

http://www.alexcord.com/Hunk1.jpg

To answer an actual question, Liberty is terrific to deal with. When we bought our camper from them, we thought they had made a mistake. They treated us as if we had bought a brand new one! Shookie had the same experience, as I was there during his delivery. Of course, he had the well, you-know-what to bring his accountant with him.

As to the Repo man. His name is Larry, and we're actualy on pretty good terms:D He just stops by and says, "Well, I gotta take this one..."

Last time I spoke with the Mango Man he was watching (doesn't he seem to do a lot of that) some people actually working to unload palm trees from Florida at his restaurant. BTW: I was able to make it through Carroll County Virginia 3 times this spring without being arrested again.

Must have been the Prevert that did it last year.

rmboies
06-06-2007, 08:32 AM
Jeff,

I was beginning to think you had deserted us forever!! I am looking forward to seeing the furniture and not to worry, Helen can superglue any lost digits back on:D Are you sure Skiffer is ready to have you close by:confused: Seriously, best of times with the new house, job, and I will send you long heated underwear for the winter:eek:

Just Plain Jeff
06-06-2007, 09:01 AM
Deb & Bob-OO:

Thanks so much for the offer. This isn't the first time that someone offered us their old underwear. What's up with that?

rfoster
06-06-2007, 09:33 AM
Times are hard in the south, we drive used buses.

Jon Wehrenberg
06-06-2007, 11:51 AM
Everybody drives a used bus. Some are just less used than others.

mike kerley
06-06-2007, 02:54 PM
Welcome back Jeff, Its about time. We've missed your wandering dissertations. Now I can stop reading the old Readers Digest I've had laying around and look for new posts from you.

Good luck on the REAL-ESTATE. Going to get mighty cold up there this winter. Might want to shop for a used prevert to winter in around Lakeland. I hear there are some deals out there now (what with all the doubled up ownership were seeing). Maybe the Skiffer will need one even more than you.

Take good care of that bride, your to old to break in a new one.

Mike and Karen

truk4u
06-06-2007, 08:49 PM
Anyone notice the timing of JPJ buying a new house and the Postal Rate going up 5%?:rolleyes:

Just Plain Jeff
06-10-2007, 07:53 AM
Welcome back Jeff, Its about time. We've missed your wandering dissertations. Now I can stop reading the old Readers Digest I've had laying around and look for new posts from you.

Good luck on the REAL-ESTATE. Going to get mighty cold up there this winter. Might want to shop for a used prevert to winter in around Lakeland. I hear there are some deals out there now (what with all the doubled up ownership were seeing). Maybe the Skiffer will need one even more than you.

Take good care of that bride, your to old to break in a new one.

Mike and Karen

Wandering dissertations? Wandering dissertations?

Jeepers Mike, I haven't even gotten started yet. Y'know just the other day I was thinking about the fact that I am getting older. When you get older, you are supposed to become wiser. I am finding that I just ramble more, and more and more. Now to put things into perspective, neither of us are old enough to collect Social Security yet. Four more years for me and more for The Boss (more about that later). We will need some help to apply for Social Security if our senior moments continue. Maybe Jim Skiff will take me down to the office to help out (but that might not be a good sign either).

I have noticed that the kids have picked up a bad habit. When I start to talk, their eyes tend to roll back into their heads. Now that isn't a genetic thing, so perhaps it is instead some sort of nervous affectation on their part which should be checked out by competent medical authorities; pretty sure about that one. Maybe it is an involuntary tic or something. (That's the short version).

The real estate deal is weird. How is it that a guy can walk onto a Prevert lot and drive away with million+dollar coach in 24 hours, but it takes an Act of Congress to put together a deal on a house? We found out Friday (closing is this upcoming Friday) that the wife of the seller didn't want to sell the house because she would have to live with her parents for 10 days before they got there own digs. Holy cow, if you put a piece of property up on the market to SELL IT, don't you think you would have thought that one through? We worked through the obstacle over a serious of phone calls and think that we are back on track. We'll know by Thursday night if all worked as planned, so keep your fingers crossed.

Who knows what the future will portend about a camper. Since we are going to have a bit over 7 acres of land with a private wooded area and no deed restrictions, we'll be able to get away with almost murder if we wanted to do something with the woods (Maine being what it is).

Tom would like to have something to do with his Woody, but I'll have to let him speak to that issue himself.

Anyway, don't josh me about the Reader's Digest. It's the old National Geographics that must be a problem for you, fess up.

The Boss is happier than imaginable. If The Boss is happy, I'm happy.

Y'know.

lewpopp
06-10-2007, 10:45 PM
CLEAR THAT 7 ACRES !!!!!

We found a place to have a POG rally. Now get busy , cut the timber, make furniture, and pay for the rally out of the income from the woods.

Great idea Lew! If I must say so myself.

Sincerely

Lew