PDA

View Full Version : Bought a Coach

ajhaig
05-31-2007, 09:12 PM
Just back from Indiana... I bought the '91 Marathon!

Many thanks for all the great input and advise.

AJ

rmboies
05-31-2007, 09:19 PM
CONGRATULATIONS AJ!! You will love the new life style:D

Jerry Winchester
05-31-2007, 09:59 PM
AJ,

I don't recall being of much help, but I am excited for you none the less. As some guy who is no longer with us said, "I'm all about spending someone else's money", so you done good.

But be prepared for the crack heads on this board to jam you for not posting some photos.

And then watch for the maintenance nazis who will be about spending any money you have left.

But avoid being like Chris "Sticky" Yates who after 10 years in his coach just figured out how to make coffee in his coach without firing up the generator.....

He always wondered what those flashing lights on that panel that said "INVERTER" were all about. At least his batteries weren't over used eh?

Enjoy the coach.

JDUB

MangoMike
05-31-2007, 10:37 PM
AJ,

Congratulations and welcome to the club.

Now the real fun begins as you learn all the nuances of your new bus.

Now record the most important number in your bus rolodex 800 621-5519.

Mango Mike

JIM CHALOUPKA
05-31-2007, 10:45 PM
Hope you and your family have a wonderful experience in your travels. Be sure to plot your course to intersect with the POG rallies.:D

merle&louise
05-31-2007, 10:59 PM
Welcome AJ and congratulations on the Marathon. They make a great conversion and I am sure that you will be happy with it. Take your time and ask as many questions as you feel necessary. We are here to help each other.

We would like to see some pictures when you get a chance.:D

garyde
06-01-2007, 12:33 AM
Now that you've purchaased the Bus, congradulations, now the real fun begins. Check out previous posts regarding Tools to carry, as well as a check list of everything to check out before you pull away from the curb. If you have any vacation time left after that , enjoy!

Jon Wehrenberg
06-01-2007, 07:29 AM
Great news. Congrats.

As stated above you have a lot of learning to do and this is the place to get the info that will save you time, money and grief. There is no sense you making all the mistakes we all have made.

truk4u
06-01-2007, 08:16 AM
Congratulations AJ, welcome aboard... Be sure to have Jdub's cell phone number with you at all times and feel free to call him 24/7, he loves 8V problems and will send you free parts.:D

Loc
06-01-2007, 08:52 AM
Congratulations on the Marathon. I would be very cautious about any free parts from JDUB. I am not sure of the quality. In addition, I keep getting the bill.

jello_jeep
06-01-2007, 09:46 AM
Ahhh.... How refreshing,, another soul with the good taste and class to own a Marathon :) ...

Seriously, welcome aboard. You will come to enjoy this asylum. Don't ask me why,, but you will..:D

Jeff Bayley
06-01-2007, 11:11 AM
Regarding Jerry's comment on Chris "Sticky" Yates and the coffee / inverter slipping by him, I had somehting like that on my first coach (which I still have). The Angola had to have the gen. running for the fridge to be on. I kept on having to "charge" the refrigderator. I wound up in Elkhart Indiana to see about getting the Inverters looked at and fixed after doing my best guess about where the problem might be (wish I had access to a group like this back then). Turned out that it was miswired behind the electrical panel and needed to be wired up to a breaker on the house battery / inverter side of things instead of shore/gen power. Why it was ever changed..........nobody knows.

Hopfully, you got an owners manual with your coach which I didn't get with either one of my used Prevosts. Royal (Monico) can't even get me a copy of a manual. Any Royal owners reading this with a 96 or 97 year titled coach that could supply me with a copy woudl be great. Is there a way I can search the members profiles by keyword and find all the Royal owners ?