PDA

View Full Version : Anyone familiar with an Amadas conversion?

Ray Davis
05-24-2007, 02:00 PM
Saw this on Ebay today ....

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&sspagename=ADME%3AB%3ASS%3AUS%3A1&viewitem=&item=320118079770

2006 XL2 Amadas conversion. Starting bid $750k, buy it now $1M

Joe Cannarozzi
05-24-2007, 09:18 PM
How could anyone put togeather a bus that nice in every aspect and then totally blow it that bad on the couch.

I think it's hidious. The first thing that comes to mind when I look at it is that Dolly Pardon song:

A Coat Of Many Colors :eek:

Paint is very nice, kinda looks like what Sting is having done.

dalej
05-24-2007, 11:12 PM
Just googled it...http://www.amadascoach.com/

garyde
05-24-2007, 11:33 PM
Ray. I remember hearing there were a lot of Commercial Convertors out there for the entertainment business. This is one of them.

jack14r
05-25-2007, 07:00 AM
I have looked at 2 amadas coaches in the last week,my opinion is their cabinet work is not up to the standards of other converters.The dealer in North Carolina believes he can sell all they can build to the nascar drivers,owners,crewchiefs etc.because he has trackside service at most events.They have sold two new coaches in the last year,the first to Kasey Kahne and the second to Rick Hendrick.I looked at the 06 XLII that they have last Thursday in Marion NC and commented about the cabinets,he wanted me to see his 08 H3,so I went on Tuesday to Concord NC and looked at that coach,it is no better.The salesman said they were going to take it back to Amadas for mods because it did not have a long hang closet.The 06 has been shown at many shows and it shows it!As the car guys say,there is an ass for every seat,not this ass.

Ray Davis
05-25-2007, 02:01 PM
Thanks for the comments. I'd just never heard of Amadas. I couldn't afford a 2006 anything, anyway!! :D

Gary & Peggy Stevens
05-25-2007, 03:02 PM
I couldn't afford a 2006 anything, anyway!! :D

Hey Ray, Affording a bus is "Just Mind over Matter" If you don't mind, it don't matter. :D
Hey wait, I guess I can't talk cause I still ain't drivin one yet :(

However, Robin @ Featherlite notified us of a nice bus, and affordable, but before he could send me pictures, SOMEONE SNATCHED IT..... C ? ? P

You gots to be in the right place at the right time, and we weren't. :(

One of these days.

Gary S.

JIM CHALOUPKA
05-25-2007, 08:18 PM
I like that comment Gary. You come up with some good ones!!:D :D

Joe Cannarozzi
05-25-2007, 08:58 PM
Jack

How many old Cup cars do you have and whos stables did they come from? What year are they?

jack14r
05-25-2007, 11:09 PM
joe,I maintain 2 cup cars for 2 others I have sold mayabe 20 or so I currently have 6.This year I am driving 2 different 2006 Dodge Chargers #49 BAM racing road racers with HSR ,I also have a 2005 Dodge Charger late model stock road racer that I race with another group my employee and friend Aaron Dudley drives it also.How did you know? Jack

mikedee
05-26-2007, 01:03 AM
The owners of Amadas are close friends of a business partner of mine. I have meet Jimmy Adam's the owner several times and seen quite a few of their coach's. They even stored one at my shop for a couple months, big black H3 with a play pen back lounge. It was cool.

Last I talk to them they built maybe 12-15 units a year, Nascar, corporate units, and a few motor coachs. I was just in a new Liberty at Prevost in Mira Loma, now that was impressive.

Joe Cannarozzi
05-26-2007, 06:20 AM
Jack

Its in your profile. Sounds very exciting and a lot of fun. Are the Dodge guys allowed to run the new 5.7 Hemi?

jack14r
05-26-2007, 09:10 AM
I forgot about my profile,we use the cup approved stuff.I also have some older cars,86 buick driven by Morgan Shepard,91 olds driven by Joe Rutman,and 89 pontiac driven by Richard Petty(it is on loan to a musem).All the GM cars use the Chevrolet 18 degree or the SB 2.The Dodge or Chevrolet motors in a cup configuration(358 cubic inch) will make about 840 horse power and about 540 foot pounds of torque.In road racing we are more interested in big torque numbers than horsepower.we also want the torque to be above 500 from 6000 to 9000 rpm.The motors today are much better than they were10 or 15 years ago.Our next race is in june at Watkins Glen,my transporter will haul 5 cars,and we are taking 4 cup cars and 1 trans am car.

ken&ellen
05-27-2007, 10:17 PM
As a former resident of Suffolk I got the opportunity to visit their shop a couple of times. I do not believe they build more than 5-6 units per year. Jimmy's family have built farm implements in Suffolk for many years and Jimmy got into the business through his racing contacts. Jimmy has been in racing for many years. Nice people; however they had offered to update my Liberty last fall, but when the time came to do the work they turned us away because of their NASCAR business. If anyone purchases a Amadas Coach and requires attention....NASCAR customers will come first. In my opinion they are not in the same league with Liberty, Marathon, Parliament, nor Millennium Coach. This is just my 2 cents. Ken