PDA

View Full Version : Drivers AC Repair in Chicago

Troy Stone
05-22-2007, 12:18 PM
Anyone have any contact in Chicago area, or within a couple hundred miles, who can repair a Drivers AC unit on a 93 chassis?

I am out of ideas and need someone who understands this stuff!

Thanks,

MangoMike
05-22-2007, 01:30 PM
Troy,

Liberty is in North Chicago at 800 332-9877
1400 Morrow Ave, N. Chicago, 60064. Although don't know if they will work on a Marathon. Joe is up that way and I'm sure he'll be checking the site when he gets home from work and have some ideas for you.

Mike

Jon Wehrenberg
05-22-2007, 03:07 PM
Troy,

Check with automotive AC places. If the problem is just recharging the system they should handle it with no problem. Do not overlook charter bus companies, truck repair companies, or commercial refrigeration companies.

If the problem is with a failed compressor or any of the system major components then you might need to head to a high end motorhome or converter place.

Troy Stone
05-22-2007, 03:19 PM
Mango and Jon,

It appears there is no power to the actual AC switch on the dash. I have been told there is something in the spare tire bay area that goes bad and I have no idea even where to look. I don't think it is the compressor or High/Low pressure switchs.

I have spoke to Liberty and understandably they are hesitant to work on Marathon's at the factory store in order to handle their own customers. They are more then happy to address at the Florida location. I tend to agree with them.

I will try the prevo parts number here to see if they have any fleet customers.

Thanks for the help.

ps Jon, I have your inverter control panel..It says Marathon on it but just in case anything pukes on yours. Send me your address and I will mail to you.

Troy

Jeff Bayley
05-22-2007, 06:53 PM
Troy-

Central States Coach: Elk Grove Village (suburb of Chicago). Steve is the service manager and I can't say enough good things about them including the labor rate of $60 an hour. They used to be a Prevost affiliate / authrized service, etc until Prevost did away with these and now has all 5 company owned places as the "authorized" dealers but these guys know the coaches well and stock a lot of Prevost parts plus you've got Prevost main parts place right in Chicago if they need to get anything. 847-364-4788.

Joe Cannarozzi
05-22-2007, 08:05 PM
Troy

Central States Charter thats where to go. Bill Jenson from Prevo refered us there and although we had to go back twice they did get it right and are the only place in the city that I know of.

Unless you have a Liberty, Liberty will not help you.

They run a large fleet, all Prevo and every time we have gone there, there are other motorhomes in the lot for service.

I would suggest you set an appointment and make sure they understand you can not leave the coach. Both times we went we had an appointment but left it and both times they kept it for a week.

Jeff is correct. One of there affiliates is a large Charter co. in Texas, someone might help with the name, and Steve the manager is so into Prevo he knows them by serial #s.

lewpopp
05-22-2007, 11:16 PM
Troy,

We meet again.

I posted the same problem a week or so ago when I was told my compressor had it. BrianE posted that Don Arlett, the serv. mgr in Ca. said Prevost now has an improved compressor for $245. Look up the post by BrianE and you can learn all that I know. I may call P to see if I can obtain thru parts.

Lew

Troy Stone
05-23-2007, 10:23 AM
Thanks, I will call Central State Coach and set it up!

Jeff Bayley
05-23-2007, 05:23 PM
Joe-

We are talking about the same place where Steve is. I don't know of an affilate of theirs in Florida but if they have one and if they are anything like the place Steve runs I would love to have them as a resource for service in Florida where I live.

We are about an hour south of Balimore on the move to Florida as I write this. Stefanny is driving and I'm punch drunk from little sleep. If anybody reads this and is on the way and can help drive us home, please call us at 760-644-1543. I left NYC too late. I promised to have my neighbors toy hauler trailer back to him by tommorow afternoon for him to use it this weekend and we have to charge the best we can to get there plus I have to stop for 3 hours in GA about 150 West of Jacksonville just straight up from Tallahasse to do an installation.

I'll pay for anyones flight home and they can stay in the mother in law suite at the house as long as they like before returning. Too bad I'm putting this with such short notice but maybe we'll get a lucky taker.

Joe Cannarozzi
05-23-2007, 06:21 PM
Jeff

Texas buddy not Florida, that affiliate of Central States is someware in Texas.

How is Stephany been feeling and that little muffin in the oven? The due date is what, July or August?

What kind of an employer are you anyway? No maternity leave? Got her turning NYC to Florida on a 20 hr time frame. I thought I had it rough.

Be careful you two lot of folks out there with the holiday.