PDA

View Full Version : He has surfaced.

Coloradobus
05-21-2007, 03:19 PM
Just got an email from Robin MacCracken formerly of Buddy Gregg Sales, formerly of Liberty Coach, and now he is at Featherlite Coaches.
4441 Orange Blvd
Sanford Fla
888-826-8273
407-314-6228

I have to call him to see how things are going.

Jon Wehrenberg
05-21-2007, 03:46 PM
I don't know him except by sight.

But his carrer path raises an interesting question....What can he, or anyone that has jumped from selling different conversions, say about other conversions on the market?

Nothing is more damaging to an individual or his employer than making negative comments about a competitor, even if they are true. And if the negative comments are false that damages everybody.

garyde
05-21-2007, 08:41 PM
Having met Robin and worked with him on my purchase, I would say he will be an excellent addition to Featherlite Sales. I am sure he will promote their product while being fair and professional.

rbeecher
05-21-2007, 09:00 PM
I would be very curious to know if he is an addition in sales or a replacement for someone who left. They lost their GM around March this year and I have not met the new GM if they have filled that position.

Richard Beecher
96 Vogue XL 40 The Beechbus

Coloradobus
05-21-2007, 11:11 PM
Hi Jon,

We have known Robin for many years, so that is why we still converse. By us, he has had the utmost courtesy/friendliness and professional demeanor towards any product that he sells. He should be an asset to Featherlite

jack14r
05-22-2007, 07:38 PM
Not only has he surfaced,he has come up with some incredible pricing on 07 XLII Vantari conversions.On RV ONLINE the ad for the new 07 XLII's is $975000 and they have 10 to choose from.With this kind of inventory problems,will the family pull the plug?There sure are a lot of changes taking place at Vantari in the sales area.Jack

Ray Davis
05-22-2007, 07:41 PM
When the CA group stopped out at Beaudry (Tucson, AZ), enroute to POG3, the sales staff showed us the new Country Coach conversations. They hinted that although the asking price was $1.3M+, they would begin negotiating in the low 900's (for the 2006 model, probably a little higher for the 2007 models).

That's SO far outside my price window, it's not even worth thinking about! :eek:

grantracy
05-24-2007, 08:08 AM
Not only has he surfaced,he has come up with some incredible pricing on 07 XLII Vantari conversions.On RV ONLINE the ad for the new 07 XLII's is $975000 and they have 10 to choose from.With this kind of inventory problems,will the family pull the plug?There sure are a lot of changes taking place at Vantari in the sales area.Jack

If the plug is pulled what do you feel that does to resale value?

jack14r
05-24-2007, 12:47 PM
History somehow has a way of repeating itself,I would guess that the values would be similar to the Royals,Angolas,Visions,Americans and others that don't have a current manufacturer behind them.If it were to happen the players left could possibly capitalize on their strengths and increase prices.None of us want that to happen.

Coloradobus
05-24-2007, 03:00 PM
Our thoughts,
With this kind of agressive pricing, it gives the shopper valuable comparisons between converters: spend more or spend less for similiar value. Most of the internal appliance goodies are the same. You know, Headhunter pumps,and Amana frigs, etc. Some of the proprietary internals maybe different in appearance, Lutron, Crestron etc, but the underlying functions are the same. So, the shopper can then compare and see what is important to them. We think it wll be a awake up call to other converters who are pricing themselves much higher, for the same or similiar goodies.
The motorized sector is in a pinch, we might see others being competitive with Featherlite's pricing.

Our two cents worth.