PDA

View Full Version : Generator/Webasto Exhaust Wrap

Danss
05-13-2007, 07:07 PM
I believe both of these exhaust pipes are wrapped in Abestos cloth which is coming unwrapped. Is there some type of glue or fasterner material to secure these? Is this cloth wrap still available to buy? Thanks for any info! Dan

Orren Zook
05-13-2007, 08:03 PM
I believe both of these exhaust pipes are wrapped in Abestos cloth which is coming unwrapped. Is there some type of glue or fasterner material to secure these? Is this cloth wrap still available to buy? Thanks for any info! Dan

Summit Racing, Jeg's and/or probably your local speed shop has an exhaust header wrap that will do what you want. This product is made by Moroso, DEI and a couple of others and usually sells for $10 to $15 a roll

Jon Wehrenberg
05-13-2007, 09:34 PM
Danss,

The Prevost exhaust wrap is usually a sewn material that has hooks upon which you lace stainless steel wire, such as aircraft safety wire. If you are having a problem it might be the wire lacing has come loose.

lewpopp
05-13-2007, 11:11 PM
I posted this before and received no answer or I missed it.

I want to replace the insulation that has deteriorated in my generator compartment. Yes, the stuff that Zimmerman pointed out.m Where can I get the material and what is it. Thanks

Lew

Joe Cannarozzi
05-14-2007, 05:21 AM
How about trying Zimmerman Coach

Ray Davis
05-14-2007, 06:04 PM
Lew, when I made a trip up to Oregon to look at some coaches, they had all been done with a new metalic-like material that was in the generator compartment.

I asked the salesman about this stuff. It comes from a company up in the Oregon area.

Here's what info I received:

You can purchase the material you need from my freind Dick Wright. Phone: 541-744-4333. I didn't see the insulation on his web site: http://www.wricointernational.com/ however you can phone him to order.

Nice looking stuff, much better hopefully than that foam-like stuff used in original.

Ray

rbeecher
05-14-2007, 09:47 PM

Dan,

We use the wrap on the race car headers and exhaust, especially the pipe that comes thru the driveshaft tunnel opposite the accelerator pedal. When you call Jegs, etc. ask them for safety wire and the tool used to install it after you put the wrap on and you'll be good to go. The wrap won't come off unless you drag the exhaust over a curb or some such.:D

Richard Beecher
96 Vogue XL 40 Beechbus
07 Suburban

Stelan73
06-25-2007, 08:44 PM
Today after running the generator in low 80 degree temps I put the bus back in the barn and noticed about a pint of antifreeze on the floor from the generator overflow hose. When I checked the generator last week the overflow tank was normal. Any ideas on cause and recommended next steps in problem solving? Thanks.

Steve

Jon Wehrenberg
06-26-2007, 07:10 AM
Steve,

Had it been serviced and perhaps overfilled?

Stelan73
06-26-2007, 11:50 AM
We really hadn't run the generator a lot until recently and I "assume" it was serviced when we bought the bus. I'll give it a good running later this week and see if it repeats the burps.

Jon Wehrenberg
06-26-2007, 01:42 PM
Steve,

I don't know which one you have, but my old bus generator was easily filled and did not trap air or puke anything out.

The current one however is a different story. Filling it without trapping air is more difficult, but it won't suffer from any overflow, but will fail to circulate coolant until all the air is burped out.

When you run it next time monitor the temperature gauge for the generator and you should note it climbing to a peak and dropping slightly to indicate the thermostat has begun cycling.

If any coolant will spit out it should be that time. After it has been running and shut down, as it cools it should draw coolant from the overflow reservoir to deal with any shrinkage in the coolant volume and to replace any air bubbles or vapor that has been purged.

Just Plain Jeff
06-26-2007, 06:09 PM
Steve:

When we picked up our Lib and met you in Stuart, we had the same problem. Troy replaced the radiator cap (faulty) and we were GTG.