PDA

View Full Version : POG4 East - POG4 West - National

truk4u
05-12-2007, 10:01 AM
Due to the growth we have all discussed, here's a couple ideas to think about, the dates can be changed, this is just an example:

October 1 - 4, 2007 East Coast Regional Rally
October 22 - 25, 2007 West Coast Regional Rally

April 1 - 4, 2008 East Coast Regional Rally
April 21 - 24, 2008 West Coast Regional Rally

October 6 - 10, 2008 National Rally

After the 2008 National Rally, we should plan on a National every 1 1/2 or 2 years, I doubt we will be able to do it any sooner due to the difficulties of planning for such a large group.

If we make sure there is enough time between the East and West Regional Rally's, that will assure anyone wanting to attend both has adequate travel and planning time to attend.

For the East Coast Group, I think the October Rally should be in the Smokey Mountains and forget about Branson, MO.

OK, that's my 2 cents worth, what do you think?

jello_jeep
05-12-2007, 10:11 AM
Truck for president! :rolleyes:

Nice plan, however you will personally need a signed waiver from the West coast wagonmaster if you wish to attend :)

MangoMike
05-12-2007, 11:31 AM
I'm only going to attend West Coast's Rallys so that I can share the spotlight next to Harry's shiny new Liberty. ;)

Mango

Joe Cannarozzi
05-12-2007, 11:55 AM
Tom

We think thats a pretty creative idea.

If the Smokies gets the thumbs up we can finally make one:)

Mabye a little white water rafting?

dale farley
05-12-2007, 12:11 PM
I like Tom's idea of the Smokey Mountains. I would recommend a couple weeks later so the leaves will be changing/changed.

JIM CHALOUPKA
05-12-2007, 08:12 PM
I like Tom's idea for the Smokeys also. October 14th is generally considered the time of peak leaf color plus or minus. Your guess is as good as anyone's!

Is there anything around the Biltmore estate in Asheville, NC?

Orren Zook
05-12-2007, 09:13 PM
I like Tom's idea for the Smokeys also. October 14th is generally considered the time of peak leaf color plus or minus. Your guess is as good as anyone's!

Is there anything around the Biltmore estate in Asheville, NC?

ORA has a place not far from there - but it's 30-40 minutes from everything

Coloradobus
05-12-2007, 10:34 PM
The Great Smokies/Asheville, NC is a great choice! We will be in New England "leaf peeping" in October. For us, it will be a time/distance problem. Nevertheless, a great spot. Friends have told us that ORA Asheville is a real nice place.

garyde
05-12-2007, 10:59 PM
Tom is on track but I kind of like to think we can all get togeather.
Let's determine how many will be coming to POG IV . How many will attending in October?

nrhareiner
05-13-2007, 06:55 AM
If we are going to consider the smokies in October I agree with making it a couple of weeks later. The foliage would be at peak in that area during mid to late October.

Kim sloan
Vantare XL II S2 (today awaiting fix at Prevost)
06 dodge megacab

Jon Wehrenberg
05-13-2007, 10:00 AM
Traffic and congestion during the fall colors in the Smokies is unbelievable. If the intent is to focus on that time I strongly suggest reserving the CG and spaces now.

Ben
05-13-2007, 10:33 PM
I'll be teaching a workshop in the Smokies October 15-21... if the rally could be right after that, then I'd be there (I think I'll be in Hawaii for the two weeks before that time).

Coloradobus
05-13-2007, 10:48 PM
Say, like Ben said above,
after the 21st of October would be great for us. We could swing down on our way back west from leaf peeping in the New England. And, friends we are travelling with could possibly come as well. Yea, another no slide "H", along with ours and Mango's and maybe by then, truk4u???:p . We were in Asheville in 2005 but just didn't have enough time to see it all.:D

Ray Davis
05-14-2007, 05:19 PM
I may not be following as there seems to be similar threads in a couple of places. Am I to assume that POG4 in Branson has been cancelled for April?

Ray

JIM CHALOUPKA
05-14-2007, 06:34 PM
I may not be following as there seems to be similar threads in a couple of places. Am I to assume that POG4 in Branson has been cancelled for April?

Ray

Nothing is set yet.

Gary & Peggy Stevens
05-14-2007, 06:44 PM

Ray

Ray, nothing has been set yet for POG IV, BUT I assure you, Branson was never scheduled for April, that was Kerrville, and we were there done that, and we have T-Shirts. :D

Gary S

Ray Davis
05-14-2007, 06:47 PM
Sorry for the brain fade. Yep, I meant October.