PDA

View Full Version : tv antenna problem

rfoster
02-28-2006, 09:26 PM
Sometime ago I read on one of the Prevost Boards that someone took a ladder with them on the road fearing that the old over the air Antenna would Not Go Down. Well this AM when I proceded to touch the Travel Button on the old over the air antenna - it didN't sound just right, and sure enough a visual check confirmed it was up. After considering a low bridge would correct the problem -I said self consider a little longer -- I was able to borrow a ladder and assist it to the down (travel) position. It will raise but not lower - it trys, but works only with assistance.

Any advice, how to fix, how to replace, don,t know the brand, the control panel inside has Liberty Coach on the label. thanks
Roger

Jerry Winchester
03-01-2006, 02:56 PM
I had the same thing happen on a coach I rented. Antenna would go up, but not go down. I boosted my wife up on top of the coach because we didn't have a ladder, etc. and she coaxed it down and we didn't put it up the rest of the trip.

Turns out there were some minor parts that needed changing out and it works okay now. According to the owner. I, on the other hand, have one of those that doesn't retract. It is probably not as good, but I don't have to remember to put it down either :D

Jon Wehrenberg
03-01-2006, 04:11 PM
Roger,

You likely have the Braund antenna typical on Libertys. If the motor is spinning it it might be the gear that raises it stripped. To verify this remove the cover and look at the bevel gear which is plastic, or the drive gear.

I really hate these antennas. On our old coach it never worked right, so I rarely use it on this coach.

Jon

lewpopp
03-01-2006, 09:44 PM
If these are the big wings of which you are speaking, in everyone of my coaches thruout the years, I have had either very poor reception or total snow everytime. The one I presently have is useless but it goes up and down. I use my Direct TV all of the time.

merle&louise
07-29-2007, 08:15 PM
My bat wing antenna won't go down; I have had this happen before and the culprit was the gears that were stripped. This was my third set of gears that were stripped on 3 different coaches. That tells me that the gears are crap.:eek:

I am interested in replacing the bat wing antenna with an omni directional antenna (no moving parts).

Does anyone have any experience with this type of antenna? Good, bad, or otherwise.

Jerry Winchester
07-29-2007, 09:39 PM
Tuga,

By "back up coach" has the stationary antenna that has some kind of rotor mechanism inside it and it works okay, but probably not as good as some of the others.

However you never have to worry about if it is up or down.

Toy Box
07-31-2007, 06:59 PM
Hey Rog, I had the same experience... Braun antenna won't come down... Plastic bevel gear stripped. They now make steel gears for easy replacement. I changed on both gears and haven't had a lock "up" since. So easy, even a bus driver can do it.