PDA

View Full Version : New house battery time

ELucast
08-07-2023, 07:29 PM
We're running a Monoco 1995 40' XL and it's time for new house batteries. We have two Zantrex Freedom 458 inverters and 6 lifeline GPL 8DL Batteries. I checked with Zantrex and they tell me these inverters will work fine in the flooded cell mode with Lithium batteries with the following cavet. Charging will shut off at 90%. If on shore power you can trick it into a full charge by disconnecting the shore cord and plugging it back for an hour before you're ready to hit the road.

I found the Zantrex 240 AH lithium batteries at a good price. I'm assuming :mad: these are quality batteries??? Anyone have any comments on these batteries.

PrevostNewbie
08-07-2023, 08:33 PM
There are a lot and i mean a lot of YouTube channels with content related to your exact question and RV implementation.

ELucast
08-07-2023, 09:33 PM
Nothing about Zantrex Lithium batteries on YouTube except an ad from Zantrex,
But thanks for info

PrevostNewbie
08-07-2023, 10:57 PM
The Lucast my friend, I would double check your spelling. Do you mean Xantrex?

Fratto
08-08-2023, 08:55 AM
If your house batteries can be charged from the engine alternator, dont forget to take that into account. That system will not be set up to properly charge lithium batteries.

Hoffman
08-15-2023, 08:21 AM
Im not a fan of marrying LI batteries with inverters that are not LI aware. Seems like a pile of mismatch problems to be encountered, including the engine alternator issues mentioned by Mark. Given the extreme price difference, I'm not sure why you'd dive into the LI direction. Boondock a lot? perhaps some solar panels would be a better investment.

Curious as to your logic in justifying LI cost.