PDA

View Full Version : Hi, we're new.

jelmore
05-08-2007, 11:39 PM
We did it. Thanks for all of your advice. You are a very helpful, fun group. We're looking forward to our new adventure and hope we can hook up with you all at the next rally.

We're in a 2000 Liberty Classic, #436. Looked at it in Orlando, picked it up in Chicago. The previous owner was a fascinating, very weathly man who had a driver. The coach was used as transportation for his wife because she didn't like flying on his Citation. They never stayed on it, never did a load of laundry. It's pristine. We'll sure try to keep it that way, but we're going to live on it for a while. I promise we'll take good care of it.

What an experience . . . the search, insurance, licensing, financing.

And the things I've learned already!!!! Never park on grass unless you know it won't rain. I didn't know it was going to rain. The lady said park it there in that spot. Ok. Two days and two hundred dollars later we're finally out. Bless the big rig tow guys. This one knew how to winch.

In the last couple of years, it has some new parts: awning control box and arms, water system accumulator, water pump, bus air compressor and clutch, batteries, tank sentry, interter overhaul. I wonder what our contribution will be!!!

There's an electrical issue with charging from the alternator, but I'll take that up in another forum.

Thanks again for all your help.

garyde
05-08-2007, 11:44 PM
Hi Jim and Linda. Beautiful Coach. Welcome to POG . The Adventure begins!

jello_jeep
05-08-2007, 11:53 PM
Welcome aboard. You find the assorted fruits & nuts around here a fun bunch to chat with, and a wealth of information hiding between all the good natured sarcasm and ribbing.

win42
05-09-2007, 01:20 AM
Welcome to the asylim Jim and Linda. We are going to be cell mates as Shirley and I purchased a 2000 Liberty at the last POG outing in Kerrville. Were flying to Tulsa to pick it up the day after tomorrow. You'll love the group and learn to appreciate Jon's fantastic experiance with his Liberty's. That's a scary list of replacements, I hope we are not going to experiance anything like it. Our maiden voyage from Tulsa to Reno will be without benefit of any tools on board. Enjoy the group and make the next POGlV.

Jon Wehrenberg
05-09-2007, 07:35 AM
Congratulations, Jim.

You will find that the best thing you can do for your new coach is to use it frequently. The second best thing is to hang out here and trade insults and information.

jelmore
05-09-2007, 07:44 AM
We are going to be cell mates as Shirley and I purchased a 2000 Liberty at the last POG outing in Kerrville. Were flying to Tulsa to pick it up the day after tomorrow.

Is this the green one at Tulsa RV with Jerry and Don? That's the one Linda saw and said "I could live on this."

Congratulations. We're in Tulsa, so get in touch if you have time to get together.

JIM CHALOUPKA
05-09-2007, 07:52 AM
Welcome Jim & Linda, beautiful bus, for your new endeaver. What a fortunate find.

Our group of Jims is growing fast.

truk4u
05-09-2007, 09:12 AM
Jim & Linda,

Congratulations, the bus looks great! Have they taught you the secret Liberty hand shake yet?:p Beware of the LED weenies, they'll have you looking like a Vegas Hotel going down the road, but they never drive at night!:D

Jon Wehrenberg
05-09-2007, 09:24 AM
It has come to my attention that we have exceeded our "Jim" limit.

I won't name names, but you know who you are. There are so many of you, that those of us in the starting stages of dementia can no longer keep track.

So I am asking for volunteers from the "Jim" crowd for name changes.

And BTW, no simple letter changes will be allowed. We already have a Kim and Tim for example.

Now, back to our regular programming....

merle&louise
05-09-2007, 09:46 AM
Jim & Linda,

Beautiful Liberty! Welcome to POG, glad to have you aboard. These guys are the best at solving problems and giving out helpful info.

Hope to meet you at POG IV.

win42
05-09-2007, 09:52 AM
Jim & Linda: Yes the same green coach at Tulsa RV. We'll be there on Friday getting aquainted with the new coach systems stop by if you can. We would like to meet you. Were flying there, so no tow vehicle to get around in. Small world I guess.

jelmore
05-09-2007, 10:06 AM
It has come to my attention that we have exceeded our "Jim" limit.
[snip]
So I am asking for volunteers from the "Jim" crowd for name changes.

Our oldest friends call us Himmy and The Beast. Just didn't seem like the right signature for this group and there's way too much explaining to do. Maybe we can come up with something. Right now, just Jim & Linda will do. And talking about too many of the same name, her ex is a Jim and my ex is a Linda.

jelmore
05-09-2007, 10:09 AM
Jim & Linda: Yes the same green coach at Tulsa RV. We'll be there on Friday getting aquainted with the new coach systems stop by if you can. We would like to meet you. Were flying there, so no tow vehicle to get around in. Small world I guess.

We'll try to stop by. Need to talk to Jerry about doing some entertainment center remodeling. He's a great guy. Very knowledgeable. And our bus is in a storage place 1/2 mile from there. So, we'll probably see you sometime Friday.

jello_jeep
05-09-2007, 10:33 AM
Jim, make sure when you meet Harry, you YELL LOUDLY and REPEATEDLY, so Harry hears you. :p

If it doesnt seem like he is understanding you, have Shirley translate, she is fluent in Harryspeak :)

rmboies
05-09-2007, 12:02 PM
[We're in a 2000 Liberty Classic, #436. ]

Jim and Linda, welcome to POG! Please mark you calendar for the next rally, whenever and it may be:-) Your new coach is beautiful.....our first Prevost was a Liberty and they do an excellent conversion. We are in the upstate of SC. If you ever get this way you are always welcome to camp over, as is everyonehttp://www.prevostownersgroup.com/forum/

win42
05-09-2007, 12:57 PM
Jello jeep:It's not politically correct to make sport of a persons disability's. I at least wear hearing aids that allow me to hear normally. We don't make fun of your lack of brains and facial features . We understand there is no cure for those. Kelly has our deepest sympathy.

MangoMike
05-09-2007, 07:44 PM
Hi Jim and Linda,

Welcome to the wonderful world of POG. You're new Liberty looks fantatstic.

First order of business is to add the obligatory LED's.

Details here.

http://www.prevoman.com/Pages/Pictures/page2.html

Mango MIke

Joe Cannarozzi
05-09-2007, 08:48 PM
We think it looks very nice too. Very warm and inviting.

Well done and...........try to get that grin off your faces:D

jelmore
05-09-2007, 10:09 PM
Hi Jim and Linda,

Welcome to the wonderful world of POG. You're new Liberty looks fantatstic.

First order of business is to add the obligatory LED's.

Details here.

http://www.prevoman.com/Pages/Pictures/page2.html

Mango MIke

Thanks for the heads up on the LEDs. We certainly want to fit in.

We'll spend some time on your web site. Great stuff. We need to install that wireless network, though I feel drawn to Cingular. We should chat on another forum about that.

First order of business is to fix the electrical. I think it hasn't been done quite right. That's another forum topic.

Dang, lots to do!!

jelmore
05-09-2007, 10:13 PM
We think it looks very nice too. Very warm and inviting.

Well done and...........try to get that grin off your faces:D

Well, we do like it a lot. Not in love quite yet. Have to get it up to perfect. I'm seeing the huge advantage in buying directly from the converter or a dealer -- it's perfect off the lot. At least I'll get to know it personally. I guess that will pay off down the road.

Joe Cannarozzi
05-09-2007, 10:29 PM
Ya sure don't get any honeymoon in terms of roads when you pick one up in North Chicago:eek:

I think the smoothest way out of town is........................................

truk4u
05-09-2007, 10:57 PM
Hey Jeep, see what happens when you buy a Liberty, your skin starts to get thin!:D

garyde
05-09-2007, 11:03 PM
Jim, half the fun is figuring things out, if you don't have problems while on the road. Feel free to PM me as well with any questions. I expect to hear from Harry sometime Friday! As far as nicknames, (mine is Cosmo) I don't mind either Garyde or Cosmo. I think Jon needs a new Handle...... how's about a contest to give Jon a POG nickname!

rfoster
05-10-2007, 08:44 AM
We did that back at POG1 , Its 'A1' as evidenced by being the holder of the esteemed and prestigious Anal Award mounted on walnut stained luan vietnamese hard wood base. If you can't remember A1, just think Anal, it will come to you.

:cool:

JIM CHALOUPKA
05-10-2007, 08:53 AM
Jim And Linda, did you get all that mud washed off from your first outing?:confused:

Hey honey, she sure looked good when we got her! :p :eek:

MangoMike
05-10-2007, 11:24 AM
POG I

A1 with his well deserved award.

http://www.prevoman.com/Pages/POGPolk/IMG_1937.jpg

mm

Jon Wehrenberg
05-13-2007, 09:22 AM
It's obvious I was out of town and away from the computer. The kids are playing again.

jello_jeep
05-13-2007, 11:11 AM
Yeah Truck, seems like 'ol Harry has an itchy gizzard since he plopped all his moolah down for that Liberty.

Imagine him thinking I was concerned with political correctness.

Sound byte from CB traffic en caravan to P3

Ray D: Hey Harry, how fast are we going?

Harry: About four thirty.

:) :) :D