PDA

View Full Version : Jury Duty...

dalej
05-07-2007, 10:17 PM
We have lived in Adams county, Nebraska for 30 years and have never heard from the court system Jan got a call to come in today at 8:30am and she is still there! what's up with that? I have been wandering around the house trying to find somthing to do, then I check POG, then The View, then POG again and then Oprah, then UPS comes in with my parts. I can go back to the barn and work on the bus. It's 9:15pm and she is still not home, the beer is cold, the pizza is in the oven and I sit here writing to you guys, go figure! ;)

JIM CHALOUPKA
05-07-2007, 10:33 PM
Dale, you could sweep up and do the laundry give the dog a bath and clean that bench. :eek:

;) JIM

truk4u
05-08-2007, 08:08 AM
Hey glass man, I think you got it wrong! Shouldn't it have been the beer is warm and the pizza is cold?:p

Jan, hurry home, the boy is useless without you......

JIM CHALOUPKA
05-08-2007, 12:42 PM
Dale, I like that purse, but shouldn't the shoes match?:eek:

:confused: JIM

dalej
05-08-2007, 12:54 PM
I agree totaly, but I thought the riverwalk would be better in sneekers. :)

Ray Davis
05-08-2007, 02:22 PM
So, I assumed that Jan made it home? Jury duty is no fun. I got called on a rape/assault case last month for 5 days!

Chris and Debbie Yates
05-08-2007, 02:55 PM
We have lived in Adams county, Nebraska for 30 years and have never heard from the court system Jan got a call to come in today at 8:30am and she is still there! what's up with that? I have been wandering around the house trying to find somthing to do, then I check POG, then The View, then POG again and then Oprah, then UPS comes in with my parts. I can go back to the barn and work on the bus. It's 9:15pm and she is still not home, the beer is cold, the pizza is in the oven and I sit here writing to you guys, go figure! ;)

Hey Mister Lonely,

You drank enough REAL beer in Kville to understand that it's not meant to be consumed cold:eek:
I can only assume from your post that you have been less than successful in your search for the "nectar of the gods", do you need a care package?

AP

dalej
05-08-2007, 05:29 PM
Hey Chris, Yes I'm having withdrawl from Boddingtons. You spoiled my taste buds. I checked with our locals and they can't get it, so next time I'm in Lincoln or Omaha, I will check.

We keep the Michelob Ultra at 32 degrees, the way Jan likes it. It says on the Boddingtons can 41 degrees I think. Two refers I'll need.

dalej
05-08-2007, 05:38 PM
Ray, yes she made it home at 9:45. She was in a downer mood, the case was a assault case in which the daughter-in-law attacked the mother-in-law. It wasn't cut and dry, so Jan thought she couldn't give a guilty vote, but the 3 men in the jury talked her and a couple of other women into a guilty verdict.

Joe Cannarozzi
05-08-2007, 05:51 PM
Dale

Debbie and I had a good laugh when we saw that photo. It looks like 90% of the photos of us on a trip.

Me standing there with the bag. I started refering to myself as the bag man;)

Ray Davis
05-08-2007, 06:51 PM
Ray, yes she made it home at 9:45. She was in a downer mood, the case was a assault case in which the daughter-in-law attacked the mother-in-law. It wasn't cut and dry, so Jan thought she couldn't give a guilty vote, but the 3 men in the jury talked her and a couple of other women into a guilty verdict.

Not fun. I guess jury duty IS important, but I was amazed at how SLOW everything progressed. I could have answered all the lawyer's questions they way he "wanted", just by listening carefully to his questions. And they went over, and over, and over things which seemed to have little importance. Anyway, I did my duty for this year. Sounds like you guys won't have it for another 30 years??? Woohoo. Time for one of those 32 or 41 degree beers!

lewpopp
05-08-2007, 11:37 PM
Ray....They let you go on that rape/assualt case so soon . You must have known da judge. Was it a case of 'assualt with a dead weapon'?

Time off for good behavior huh?

Lew