PDA

View Full Version : Ellens car

ken&ellen
02-28-2006, 08:30 AM
We are having a problem keeping up with Ellen's car...which is our toad?

Jerry Winchester
02-28-2006, 10:12 AM
Ken, Do you make her ride in the car whilst you tow it? If so, you need to consider some better door windows :eek:

My First and Best Toad

http://jdub.smugmug.com/photos/58060785-M.jpg

lewpopp
02-28-2006, 09:28 PM
It's funny you geeks don't try to tow a motorcycle, 2 down, behind your geek mobile.

ken&ellen
03-01-2006, 08:02 AM
Race cars....horses...hmmm! Interesting.

Jerry Winchester
03-01-2006, 03:26 PM
geek (gēk)
n. Slang.

http://jdub.smugmug.com/photos/58203231-M.jpg

A person regarded as foolish, inept, or clumsy.

A person who is single-minded or accomplished in scientific or technical pursuits but is felt to be socially inept.

A carnival performer whose show consists of bizarre acts, such as biting the head off a live chicken.

Lew I know you can't be referring to me because I am a humble oil field worker from a poor town in Oklahoma. My mom wouldn't even let me own a motorcycle and that extends right up to today.

Now I do own some horses, so Ellen and I can exchange horse loading stories at the rally. This will be an "R" rated session and not for the faint at heart or the SPCA.

Jon Wehrenberg
03-01-2006, 05:08 PM
Our tow car. We are the original owners. Now.....where is my cane.

Jerry Winchester
03-01-2006, 05:36 PM
Now that is a sweet ride. Is it a '37? My advisor from college has one almost identical, flat head V8, funky brake system the whole deal.

MangoMike
03-01-2006, 07:25 PM
I wish I was as Geeky as Bill Gates.

Jon has more vehicles than Jay Leno.

Why is it that Lew never posts until after Happy Hour?

I'm not buying that Poor oil field worker stuff.

I still miss Bill Adams.

...Mangoroonie

lewpopp
03-01-2006, 09:39 PM
Jerry, I understand the the new meaning of Geek is an extremely high tech person only concentrating on statistics and computers.

Now, do you know what an expert is? that's what I'll call you guys if you feel to fit into the catagory.

Do you know what the unknown factor is in Algebra?

Answer: X

What is a drip under pressure?

Answer: a spert

Therefore an expert is a drip under pressure.

I know it doesn't make sense, but you flatulating experts will soon figure it out.

I cannot get onto the computer til late because my better half uses it to work on some of the store business. As far as happy hour, I have too many maladies to make myself and crazier with booze. Oh yes, I have been know to enjoy a drink or so, so don't think I'm a tea-totaler.

Jon Wehrenberg
03-02-2006, 07:50 AM
That is a twin to my first car. I had it when my wife and I were dating. The original was a 60 HP flat head V8 that I ended up rebuilding. After we got married that was sold and we kept her 1950 Ford 2 DR (turquoise) with three on the tree and overdrive. (Also a flathead V8)

We sold the old 37 in 2002 or 2003 after having it as a toy for about 10 years.

The bad old days: mechanical brakes, bulb type headlights, no AC, scary handling, noisy, vacuum wipers, single tail light, and would rust after a year or two. Anybody that says we don't build them like we used to is correct. The old stuff was junk, but fun.

Jerry Winchester
03-02-2006, 07:24 PM
I thought Jon was the yankee Jay Leno? I would hate to around Jon's house when all the tags come due....

And who is this Bill Adams you speak of? :D

Crap stirrer.

Jon Wehrenberg
03-02-2006, 08:18 PM
I hate to be around my house when the tags come due. I'm down to 2 cars, a Hummer, a pickup, and a bus. Oh, and two planes, a Bobcat, a Bobcat excavator, a tractor, and a Gator. Now you guys know why I can't afford a mistress.

Bill used to post on the other site. He was a satellite and electronics guru but sometimes Bill got less than pleasant with some folks. Even meaner than you guys are to me.