PDA

View Full Version : Tire Pressure Monitor Recommendations

georgew
03-08-2023, 10:50 PM
What do you use for tire Pressure Monitor with a toad

Fratto
03-09-2023, 09:31 AM
Seems like most people talking about this on POG are using TST or Pressure Pro.

Dockholiday
03-12-2023, 10:02 PM
I would say to NOT buy a TireMinder setup. I have (had) one on toad and bus - recently took them off because of dissatisfaction with performance. NFG. I’m open to suggestions as well!

VASpartan
03-13-2023, 01:13 PM
Following as well and interested in the two that Mark suggested.

georgiapeachinc
03-15-2023, 06:19 PM
Mike,
Take a look at this. https://rvibrake.com/products/rvibrake3-flat-towing-braking-system?msclkid=c2b726627ab9198b47f642703a0d0993
they have a complete brake system and air pressure monitor for all axles on the toad and your bus. Getting it set up takes a little installation. I had the whole system installed in about two hours. The key is placing the hub within good distance of the toad and the unit at the dash board. It works very good. Only draw back I had was if you let the tablet go dead it takes quite a while to get it charged up and running. I found that if I plug the tablet in about an hour before I am ready to go it works flawlessly. The directions are easily understood. Check it out. It's another option.

Fratto
03-16-2023, 09:32 AM
Good Morning Chris!
I did not know that RVI was doing this. Where did you end up putting the hub so that it was able to see the toad and the front tires? Also what did you do to mount the sensor on the inner dual?

georgiapeachinc
03-16-2023, 11:02 AM
Good morning back to you Mark!
I put the hub mounted on the side of the wall in the bedroom with a direct sight to the tablet. I don't use sensors on the coach, only the toad. Before I invested in sensors for the coach I wanted to make sure they worked well, which they do. I'm going to invest in the coach sensors before we break the lady out of the garage in May. My inner wheels have valve extensions that pop out thru the outer wheel holes so they should screw on just fine.

CorporateMonkey
03-16-2023, 03:56 PM
Good morning back to you Mark!
I put the hub mounted on the side of the wall in the bedroom with a direct sight to the tablet. I don't use sensors on the coach, only the toad. Before I invested in sensors for the coach I wanted to make sure they worked well, which they do. I'm going to invest in the coach sensors before we break the lady out of the garage in May. My inner wheels have valve extensions that pop out thru the outer wheel holes so they should screw on just fine.

I had the entire RVi setup. The valve stem caps cannot handle the pressure of the bus tires. I found out the hard way when I had 3 crack and blow out. The company replaced them all free of charge, but I had one more (replacement) crack.

I removed the entire system as it was more trouble than it is worth. The rest of the their products are great.

georgiapeachinc
03-19-2023, 10:19 AM
Jamie, Thanks for the review. I can pass on the coach sensors. But the toad sensor and brake set up work fine.

MIsheeTX
04-10-2023, 02:12 PM
I would say to NOT buy a TireMinder setup. I have (had) one on toad and bus - recently took them off because of dissatisfaction with performance. NFG. I’m open to suggestions as well!

I have had less than great performance from mine on our Marathon H3. Would replace it if feasible.

Mike