PDA

View Full Version : Cruise Air Leak

Stelan73
05-06-2007, 08:08 PM
We were taking off in the H3 this week and as we pulled out the front cruise air dumped a qt of water in the co pilots seat. I pulled the vent, checked to see if the overflow copper tubing was clogged and it seemed to be operating ok. The bus had been setting out in the sun with the cruise air set at 73 degrees. The foam in the overflow pan was wet but there was no water standing in the pan. Any ideas. Thanks

Jon Wehrenberg
05-07-2007, 08:09 AM
Steve,

I have had this occur on occasion also. The condensate pan is likely too shallow, and if the bus is not level, or if the pan does not pitch toward the drain then the standing water collected during normal operation of the Cruise Air may spill as you move the coach, especially if you turn or the bus tips due to uneven ground.

I suspect the site may not have been perfectly level, and when you started the engine you let the bus go to the "road" height position so water in the pan may have accumulated away from the drain hole in the pan. As soon as you moved the bus the accumulated water slopped over the side of the pan.

Stelan73
05-08-2007, 02:17 PM
Jon: After looking at the pan again. I think you are right since the overflow pipe was not clogged. I also thought since the coach had been sitting in the sun on a hot, humid day there might have been some moisture on the coils which overwhelmed the overflow when I moved. Another one of life's mysteries.

Steve

Jon Wehrenberg
05-08-2007, 02:46 PM
Its only a mystery the first time the water drips in your lap. After that you know what it is.http://www.prevostownersgroup.com/forum/