PDA

View Full Version : prevost H5 60

rockstarcoaches
05-06-2007, 05:38 PM
Hi I am Dave Johnson and I am here to bring back to life and change 25 to 30 of the biggest coaches on the road to day, I am currently building the biggest and the most expensive coach with the most out of the box designs and features in a coach that the world has ever seen . And I will be glad to share just some of the things you can do and have done with one of these coaches. these coaches have two steering axles with makes this coach much safer in the event of a front tire blow out. and you can lift the front steering axle off the ground so that you may make a turn on the second front axle which is set further back for tighter turns, this coach is eight wheel drive not four like most coaches have , and the engine is mounted right in front of the rear axles giving you more traction and braking power with better center of gravity. motorized leveling legs that can pick up the whole coach and move it side to side. we can stretch a 60 ft. H5 60 to 72 ft. in length making it the biggest coach on the road to day. now that’s room for many extra things you can't have or in a regular coach with out giving up needed storage space. and because the h5 60 is really two coaches in one, the front half of the coach is built the same way most H3 45 are built, the rear half is built like a trailer that doesn’t come off, we can put one large slide in the front section on the drivers side tords the front and we can put up four in the rear section giving you the most cubic ft. in a coach ever. we can install a 35 ft.sky deck in the rear roof section. you can have a four person hot tub come out of the pass side of the coach that will lower down to ground level and that can be filled with filtered hot water in less then 30 minuets, you can have a very large out door cooking grill, and for staying in shape a pop out bow flex work out bench, several out door flat screen TV options available to you. we can mount a rear towing arm that can carry any size car or truck on it, yes you tow a car or a 30 ft. double stack trailer behind this coach for two reasons, one the rear axle of the coach turns and the trailer its self is motorized, we use one of are motorized leveling legs that is powerful enough to drive the rear wheels over a 4x6 block of wood or up a small hill, I will be using all of these features in my own personal coach along with many others, there is not to much you can't do with one of these coaches, So I am here to tell you folks that the h5 60 is here and its back in a big way. And I am posting this for all the people who think that they are driving the Mac daddy of coaches, just wait till you see mine at some up coming motor home shows.

dalej
05-06-2007, 05:53 PM
Rockstarcoachs, we get the picture! you don't have to post it everywhere!

Denny
05-06-2007, 06:30 PM
I hope the coaches are built better that the post is written. A basic
English/writing class would be very helpful.

Jon Wehrenberg
05-06-2007, 07:18 PM
Just the other day I was wishing I had a four person hot tub and that my coach would drive over a 4 X 6.

My prayers have been answered.

MangoMike
05-06-2007, 07:33 PM
Now guys, let's keep an open mind to all conversions.

Besides this sounds like it's right up Fast Rogers alley.

mm

Jon Wehrenberg
05-06-2007, 07:39 PM
Is my cynicism showing through?

Prevost did not even build 50 of these in the late eighties. In order to convert 25 to 30 of them rockstarcoaches has to own every remaining one of them. He is starting with a shell that is twenty years old, had 2 cycle power, and by towing anything it will be overlength in just about every state in the union.

I guess I will wait and see.

Coloradobus
05-06-2007, 08:45 PM
Doesn't Holland-America still use a few H5-60s in Alaska during the summer?

Joe Cannarozzi
05-06-2007, 10:10 PM
Central States Charter up in Chicago runs 3 or 4 of these on a regular basis.

We like ours. Its already big and complicated and comfortable enough. 48000 and 60 ft with full tanks a 1/2 ton Ram in tow. I'd really like to trim another 3000 and 5ft. with a different toad.

Going down the road with 60000+ of camper is too much like work:rolleyes:

I wonder how our 8-V92T 435 HP at 45000 cgvw would do against an H-3 with a 500hp 60 series at 60000 cgvw gittin up a grade. 15000lbs is shure gonna take a chunk out of the difference.

You California guys take any time on the way to the rally to see who had the best horse?

What, no 0 to 70 times?

lewpopp
05-06-2007, 10:20 PM
Denny.... How Dare You Use My Type Of Sarcasim !!! You Are Ruining My Reputation By Commenting On Someone's Prose. I Thought That Was My Job.

Lew

garyde
05-06-2007, 11:05 PM
It will be interesting to see this Conversion if for no other reason to see the technical innovations Dave Johnson is talking about. The practicality for most people is questionable as well as the marketability of an older Coach . Even if it never gets past the 1st conversion, it would be a interesting study in what not to do.
Getting into and out of most RV Parks sound like a challenge as well.

mike kerley
05-07-2007, 08:33 AM
The rear portion is the housing for the service staff. No small job getting and keeping all those hydraulics working.

I look forward to seeing one set up in a Walmart parking lot (which is about the only place they would fit).

Ray Davis
05-07-2007, 06:24 PM
Wow guys! I take the weekend off from reading posts, and come back to see this poor new member roasted staked out on a spit! :eek:

Granted we like to fling a little abuse back and forth here in fun, but new members with a post count of 1 or 2 are certainly not likely to understand when they get dumped on so quickly.

We certainly have other members who are not the most literate, yet we don't bash them for poor English or sentence structure. Let's give this poor guy a chance, ok?

Any Prevost and it's conversion is of interest, even if I'll never purchase one. Personally I'd love to see one of these beasts he's describing.

ray

MangoMike
05-07-2007, 08:18 PM
I'm with Ray on his comments. As JDUB would say - some of those posts were way harsh. Highly unusual for this group.

Save the rough comments for someone who really deserves them - like Trukman.

I guarantee if rockstar posts on his progress we'll all learn something in the process. Good, bad or ugly.

Mango

rockstarcoaches
05-08-2007, 07:25 AM
To answer some of your wonderful comments
This coach will have over 600 horse power in it .
The shell is 20 yrs old but I stripped it down to just its bare frame and every nut and bolt and wire and all the sheet metal is brand new . And yes I plan on buying every H560 in the Us and in Canada . The camp ground thing , this coach is not meant to go into little mom an pop rv camp sites . But if you can get your 45 ft. coach in one I could get this coach into it as long as the site was 80 ft. long . As I explained this coach can turn on its set back second front axle it will make a lot tighter turn then any 45 ft. coach out there will, and with its motorized leveling legs I can move the front or rear section side ways together or one at a time.
This type of coach does not fall under the same guide lines as a regular coach does for highway use. And I have drove tractor trailers most of my life and I am used to driving really big things around so I know this kind of coach is not for every one . But you would have to drive it before you could really under stand how easy it is to drive it and move around with it. Being able to turn on the set back front axle, it bends in the middle and the rear axle turns as well with the motorized leveling legs you would be amazed at what you can do with this coach . You also must under stand the front section is shorter the 45 ft. The front section of this coach is only 35 ft. long. And as long as you can get the front section around a corner the rear just fallows . Well that’s all the time I have for to day . But keep those kind questions coming and I will try my best to answer them all as soon as I figure out how to spell and write . Thank you Dave

JIM CHALOUPKA
05-08-2007, 07:55 AM
How about some show along with the tell. You know some fotos.
I think everyone's on the chair edge, waiting?
Hey, What's your handle? _____ Rockstarcoaches is too long to be typing in for an old fart like me!:eek:

JIM CHALOUPKA
05-08-2007, 07:58 AM
RSC, How did you get to be a senior member after your first post?
Are you really J R, or J P J?:eek:

Jon Wehrenberg
05-08-2007, 08:00 AM
I'm impressed. We misfits dished it out and you not only took it but you handed it back to us.

Serious question: Who is your market? You can see that we use campgrounds and we travel on public roads. These are our second homes. As such this group is unlikely to look for hot tubs, but wants a comfortable coach with reliability, quality systems, and creature comforts.

We don't want to be driving something so long that even Barney Fife will know we are over length, and we do not want something whose features and systems are either old, or service prone, or useless in the real world (like a four person hot tub or the ability to drive over a 4 X 6).

Talk more about the AC and heating systems, the floor plan, the capacities, the engine, transmission and access to them, the inverters, the entertainment systems, and such mundane things like axle weights and service on the hinged section.

dalej
05-08-2007, 01:01 PM
Dave, I'm wondering what is the projected price of these bus's going to be. It's just starting to sound like a Donald Trump kind of item.

Ray Davis
05-08-2007, 02:27 PM
Dave, thanks for sticking it out. We really are interested in what you're doing here.

So my guess on intended audience is defined by Dave's handle? These are coaches for rock stars, touring bands, on location etc, which are probably driving from one large parking lot, to the next with a professional driver etc.

Am I close?

Ray

Jon Wehrenberg
05-08-2007, 02:55 PM
I doubt that Ray. The entertainer's coaches are fairly austere. Even when the headliner uses a coach it is usually a safe place to go for some quiet time and is not a place likely to have a hot tub or many features.

That is why I inquired about the market. I cannot think of any segment of the market that wants glitz at the expense of utility. Our coaches are a blend of both, but only to an extent on the glitz side.

Toy Box
05-08-2007, 07:52 PM
Jon, I'm very amazed at your comments about the hot tub. You know De De and I have one in our trailer.

Jon Wehrenberg
05-08-2007, 08:21 PM
I never heard anybody call a Corvette a tub.

Joe Cannarozzi
05-08-2007, 09:44 PM
What is driving the rear-rear hubs? Hydraulic or electric motors?

JIM CHALOUPKA
05-08-2007, 10:29 PM
http://oklord.com/family/ ("http://oklord.com/family/")
http://www.myrvguide.com/current_category.193/Forum.47729/forum_thread_full.html ("http://www.myrvguide.com/current_category.193/Forum.47729/forum_thread_full.html")
Scroll down to view the H5-60 :eek:

Lee Bornstein
05-08-2007, 10:54 PM
Is this the Prevost Articulated coach that was once used as a City Bus? If so, I saw one about 15 yrs ago in Phoenix being converted into a mobile office for Wayne Newton to use at Horse Shows. Conversion was being performed by a guy named Christianson at Arizona Custom Coach.

I was quite impressed at the cavernous size without seats. Compared to my Holiday 33' coach at the time. Never did see the completed unit.

Lee

lewpopp
05-08-2007, 11:13 PM
Jon, you ask who this conglomeration is made for? Get a hold of Mango and he'll give you the tip of the day and tell you that the PP's want it.

Anyway, I refuse to look at it unless it has a screen door up front. So there !!

Lew

mikedee
05-11-2007, 11:12 PM
I am always interested in a new idea but will just be allowed to look at it. My wife wouldn't even let me have a 45' coach. Just a shorty.

JIM CHALOUPKA
06-28-2007, 09:55 PM
Another H5 for the Rockstar Man:
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/1988-PREVOST-H-MODEL_W0QQitemZ250135775984QQihZ015QQcategoryZ6728 QQcmdZViewItem ("http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/1988-PREVOST-H-MODEL_W0QQitemZ250135775984QQihZ015QQcategoryZ6728 QQcmdZViewItem"):eek: :D

lewpopp
06-28-2007, 10:25 PM
ROCK AND ROLL JIM

That would fit in your barn just right.

Lew