PDA

View Full Version : Zimmerman Critique

lewpopp
05-05-2007, 10:22 PM
Now that Zimmerman pointed out several things on my coach, I guess it's time I addressed some of them.

What kind of material and where can it be obtained, the stuff used in the generator compartment to insulated the coach from the possibility of fire. I, for one, run the generator most of the time when traveling.

Also, where is the best place to get a replacement belt for the coach? The one on reserve is worse than the one being used.

Lew

Orren Zook
05-06-2007, 03:46 AM
Also, where is the best place to get a replacement belt for the coach? The one on reserve is worse than the one being used.

Lew,

Can you get me a part number on the belt you need? I should be able to supply it in Gates - I'll get you the price when I know which one it is.

Joe Cannarozzi
05-06-2007, 06:09 AM
I've been waiting for Zimmerman Coach to finish the artical on their blog about the upgraded exhaust flex pipe and the new sound insulation for our generators.

A few months ago they brought up safty issues with this and then never put up the rest of the information?

Did they show up at the rally with a bus with these improved components? If so I'll have to call them again.

I'm thinkin pulling that gen is gonna be the biggest project to date for me. While its out I'll replace any bad gaskets and change the color of it from puke brown to WHITE. Really looking forward to this project because the gen bay on our bus has gotten pretty nasty after 20+ years.

Jon Wehrenberg
05-06-2007, 07:26 AM
Zimmerman did an excellent presentation on potential hazards that might exist in our coaches. It was very thought provoking.

But they fell on their head in two respects. When asked (repeatedly) they never gave a price range for the changes necessary to make our coaches safer. Worse, the very coach they proclaimed they had refurbished and updated lacked safety upgrades on the very things they red tagged on the demonstration they did on Lew's coach.