PDA

View Full Version : Trace Inverter Cooling Fans

Grinderguy
07-08-2022, 03:40 PM
I have a 1999 Prevost Royale with 2 Trace SW 2512 inverters. The bay that they are in always seems to be very warm. My assumption is that the cooling fans are not working. First, can I find replacement fans for the inverters that will work or, do I need to put my own fans in the bay to help with cooling. Any advice is greatly appreciated.
Thanks, Jeff

Gravedigger
07-08-2022, 08:43 PM
Jeff, I just replaced my Trace inverter fans. I called inverter service in Tennessee and they gave me the fan numbers and I ordered off internet. My trace inverters are larger than yours so I am sure your fans will be different.

Grinderguy
07-09-2022, 08:48 PM
Thanks Mark. I’m also working with Inverter Service Center in White House, TN. Randy told me that they don’t make that fan anymore and he can’t get any used ones. I didn’t want to give up so here I am searching. Hope to fine something that will work. After all, it’s just a simple cooling fan….isn’t it? ��

Gravedigger
07-09-2022, 08:58 PM
Yes very easy to change. I am sure you can custom fit any fan off ebay or amazon to fit as long as the voltages are the same.

PrevostNewbie
07-09-2022, 09:21 PM
McMaster Carr has a bunch of cooling fans to choose from.

https://www.mcmaster.com/cooling-fans/

Gravedigger
07-10-2022, 06:37 PM
I have three addition fans that I installed in the bay to help cool the bay. One mounted on a tube sucking the heat from the ceiling, one at bottom of bay sucking heat out and one mounted in between my inverters to move air in-between them because mine are stacked. The bay stays a lot cooler and doesn't transfer so much heat up in the coach.