PDA

View Full Version : Post POG III thoughts

bluevost
05-01-2007, 07:52 AM
Coming to you from Perdido Key, next to Pensacola, FL.

One more "Thanks" to all the POGers that attended the rally and to those that pitched in to help out. You done good!! The group has grown so much that the thought of doing this with one group of co-rally people is overwhelming. So here is my 2cents worth.

There should be a committee (2or3 people) for the charity dinner. The tradition has been for the rally masters to do the cooking. The group is too big now. I think we should consider catering this meal. Can you imagine the work load if we have 75 or 80 coaches show up for POG IV?

There should be separate committees for:
Free day activities
Mechanics Corners
Ladies activities

Spread the work load out. Get new POGers involved. Keep it simple. Have great rallys.

Heading towards Darlington for NASCAR weekend,

Ken

truk4u
05-01-2007, 09:01 AM
Ken,

I completely agree, the meals/dinners need to be catered, even if we have to pay a little more. It's just too much work for members as the attendance continues to climb. You guys and girls did a great job...

jello_jeep
05-02-2007, 08:10 PM
Gee Ken, I was fixin to agree with you, but then Tom agreed with you first, and with that factored into the equation, I have no choice but to DISAGREE :D

On the serious side, I reallyl enjoyed our day of cooking, it was a blast..However it was a lot of work & cleanup too :)

Jon Wehrenberg
05-02-2007, 08:59 PM
I'll share a few thoughts. For a 60 plus coach rally this was the best we ever attended. I did not think POG I or II could be improved upon, but Ken, Ray and Mike and all the others that made huge contributions did it in spades. Thanks guys and gals for all your very hard work.

Looking ahead we can now expect POG to have hit a plateau, or we can expect it to continue to grow until POG is so big there will be regional rallies. That direction will be decided solely by the POG members.

We heard Branson in the first week of October. Guys and gals that ain't going to happen unless someone or several raise their hands and volunteers to make it happen. Since this is an organization without an organization it calls for someone or maybe two or three or four someones to express a willingness to coordinate another rally. The format seems in place, there now exists a pool of expertise to advise and guide, and as the numbers increase there will be more participation from converters and suppliers.

We've come to the crossroads and if we are going to head in the right direction someone has to take the lead. Otherwise this forum will again be as close as we get to one another and while that is nice, it is no substitute for seeing each other in person.

garyde
05-03-2007, 12:42 AM
Since POG belongs to all of us, we should all participate as needed. I will help in anyway I can, so simply PM me. Gary

Gary & Peggy Stevens
05-03-2007, 01:52 AM
See my post under POG IV THE BEGINNING

Gary S

MangoMike
05-06-2007, 08:30 PM
Coming to you from Perdido Key, next to Pensacola, FL.

One more "Thanks" to all the POGers that attended the rally and to those that pitched in to help out. You done good!! The group has grown so much that the thought of doing this with one group of co-rally people is overwhelming. So here is my 2cents worth.

There should be a committee (2or3 people) for the charity dinner. The tradition has been for the rally masters to do the cooking. The group is too big now. I think we should consider catering this meal. Can you imagine the work load if we have 75 or 80 coaches show up for POG IV?

Ken

Every rally the bar is raised and you guys did a great job, especially considering the size doubled from Sante Fe. Foodservice duty is no easy task.

I think the charity dinner is a big element for POG and makes a greater impact on the local charity that we feature. Serving 120 people a complete dinner is, at this point, above the call of duty in my opinion. However the persons directly involved in creating this dinner receive immediate gratifying satisfaction for a job well done (if it all comes together - one of the main reasons why I enjoy the restaurant business.) My suggestions would be to continue the charity aspect, but change the focus from a dinner to a cocktail/hors d'ourves reception with the continued $20 - $25 donation. The organizers and volunteers can be responsible for whipping up some grub without the daunting task of a complete meal. The Charity receives the same contribution and the organizers enjoy the satisfaction that comes with that selfless involvement.

Again, thanks to everyone that made POG III a terrific success. It was worth the 3,856 mile drive.

Mike

dale farley
05-06-2007, 09:28 PM
I agree with Mike. If the next rally is going to be as large or larger than the last one, "Simplicity" may be the best solution.