PDA

View Full Version : Air assist toilet not holding water

georgew
02-19-2022, 12:13 AM
My air assist flush toilet is not holding water in the bowl. This just started, I tried to clean the white area on the toilet and tried to wipe the flapper with dawn. Still leaking. Looking for suggestions to repair.

Joe Camper
02-19-2022, 08:02 AM
George good to see I'm not the only one that keeps crazy hrs. Get the rebuild kit pull it and rebuild it.

MusicianTrader
03-02-2022, 01:59 PM
i have the opposite problem. this weekend ill take some parts off and give them a cleaning....prolly all crudded out

wjohnson720
03-02-2022, 02:06 PM
Is it a microphor? see below for parts.

Replacing the rubber on the flapper valve is a good next step.

Our Products – Mullaney And Associates (mullaney-associates.com) (https://mullaney-associates.com/our-products/?term_id=39)

MusicianTrader
03-03-2022, 08:58 AM
Thank You WJohnson, yes its a microphor. Ive figured out the timing mechanism for the flap open/close. Right now it draws an extreme amount of water. Ive even throttled it by closing the ball valve 97%
Mine doesnt seem to have any other set screws for adjustment so my gut tells me its all tied together. Ill start with that hex screw and remove the plug....see what comes of it

Pete
03-03-2022, 09:35 AM
Patrick, the Microphor toilets are VERY sensitive to both water and air pressure. Make sure you have the correct pressure on both. It is best to order a total rebuild kit from Mullaney, remove the valve and replace every o-ring and part in the kit. Clean the valve thoroughly with alcohol, keeping it VERY clean. If rebuilt properly, they are dependable and functional. I no longer own the bus with the Microphor, but I struggled with it until the pressures were correct. Sorry I don't recall the pressures needed, but I will try to find and post. I would bet the Mullaney folks will know. The business was passed down to a daughter if I remember.
Just checked...water pressure 20-50 psi (35 optimum) , air pressure 60-65psi.

truxton
03-03-2022, 12:31 PM
Guys the best place for a Microphor is the bottom of the ocean. In their day it was a good option buy between over priced parts air and water leakage they are finnicky at best. Many many of us got tired of the constant tinkering and the smell. If you need to smell it twice that's your choice. Gravity drop.

The Tecma Silence Plus is a good replacement, slight different foot print but easily managed. Built in macerator and in my 07 was a top 3 upgrade of anything I ever did to that bus.

Being in MT on a holiday weekend and using a 5 gallon bucket convinced me. Also your skill level to change out the air lines and water line in close quarters is about a 7 not many DYI can do it right.

Microphors were a steady product back in the day but better options out there boys.

Later
bv

Pitmaster601
03-03-2022, 01:05 PM
This is the Tecma Silence plus 2 and a Biobidet2000 that replaced my Microphor air toilet. Was a job but well worth it in the end.http://forum.prevostownersgroup.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=18232&stc=1

MusicianTrader
03-04-2022, 08:37 AM
Truxton at this point I agree...but she is so pretty though. looks the part. We all know that the pretty ones get all the chances, all the benefits of the doubt. I have never had anything pretty that wasnt troublesome
=)

Pete
03-04-2022, 09:03 AM
Patrick, don't give up, if you don't want to change....your toilet CAN be fixed. Take your time, make sure your pressures (water & air) are correct, rebuild your valve.
Think about it...What has changed on your toilet causing it to stop working properly?

MusicianTrader
03-04-2022, 10:58 AM
@Pete...My toilet has never worked since purchase (6 months ago) but am getting closer! ive changed water line and valve going to toilet, took care of aux air situation. have proper pressures.
Bus sat for 2 years before I purchased....am close to ill ever be to zero'ing out. Toilet is useable as of now. The problem I have is the water it wants to deposit in the bowl after a flush is outrageous.
The temporary fix ive done is , ive throttled the ball valve leading to toilet to absolute min and turn pump off after water reaches past flapper. Its hard to dedicate time to it as im on assignment and staying in bus full time at same time. My schedule'd hours are 12-13 a day with 13 days on 1 off rotation.
seems like a rebuild of something is in order and I have it for schedule as soon as time allows for it.
Meanwhile all my exterior led's and lenses have arrived....ahhhhhhh

Pete
03-04-2022, 10:44 PM
Patrick, one thing I failed to mention is that you MUST limit the amount of moisture getting into the valve once you rebuild it. My solution was to put a drain valve on the air tank that supplies air to the toilet, and be attentive to keeping the moisture drained, Again, the pressures of both air and water must be correct. (I even added a pressure gauge inside the tank so I could monitor the water pressure) Good luck, I think you will win this battle...sounds like you just need the time. Can't wait to see your post that it is working!

PrevostNewbie
03-05-2022, 12:17 AM
Patrick, What model Microphor do you have?

MusicianTrader
03-05-2022, 08:54 AM
@Mike...its the air operated one. as it turns out im off today. i came home early yesterday and changed out lenses and lights on exterior camping lights. today is aux air leak and toilet day....lets see how far i get :)

PrevostNewbie
03-05-2022, 09:10 AM
I have the Microphor LF-220, no air on mine.

MusicianTrader
03-07-2022, 10:12 AM
I have noticed that toilet functions better when air starts to bleed out (after I shut compressor off for the night) Regulator is set at 60psi. I will experiment today after work...gonna set psi to 40 and see how she responds. Am having trouble finding a rebuild kit/parts....any idea? The link left here does not work for me.

PrevostNewbie
03-07-2022, 08:49 PM
What exactly does the air do? should I be afraid to ask?

MusicianTrader
03-08-2022, 09:16 AM
Mike...lol air is fine actually. Couldnt do anything yesterday as it was raining heavily when i left work and got to the bus. As I suspected...I repeated my experiment last night....i shut off aux air....takes about an 2 hours to bleed out....after an hour I flushed toilet and it works flawlessly...go figure. Its raining again today...and for the week (New Orleans). next step is too what pressure the regulator says after an hour.....perhaps faulty regulator eh?

PrevostNewbie
03-08-2022, 08:40 PM
I am intrigued by this air system.

http://forum.prevostownersgroup.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=18247&stc=1

MusicianTrader
03-08-2022, 08:54 PM
******update Toilet is fixed!!!!!**********
So Pete was right....it was air pressure. This particliar toilet does not have a set screw for water and diff one for flapper. it all works as 1. i had pressure set to 60 psi per manual. I had been noticing that after shutting aux compressor off at night...about an hour later i'd use toilet...and it behaved a lil better....flap would open and close and water would shut off....and hopper engage. Now remember at this point I have ball valve opened at about 10%. So today i set the pressure regulator for toilet at 45psi to see if it would help. opened the water ball valve full throttle and Voila!!! works perfectly. flapper opens for about 6 5 seconds, water fills a lil past flapper, stops, the you hear the hopper release.
So happy°!!!!!!

Pete
03-08-2022, 10:15 PM
Patrick, you just made my day!!!!

MusicianTrader
03-09-2022, 08:28 AM
Thanks goes to you Pete...you made me think outside the box. used it this morning and it was super great. What a load of frustration removed from my life. I can now have visitors!\\=)