PDA

View Full Version : Need new ECM

tnjet
02-05-2022, 08:24 AM
Anyone know the best place to purchase a new EMC? DDEC V for a 2007 H3-45. My battery backup is failing. Another option is a repair service. Any information is appreciated. Thanks.

Joe Camper
02-05-2022, 10:41 AM
There was a guy out there went by the name of Rebel127. His real name is Leon. This was 5 or 6 yr since the last time he fixed an ecm for a friend of mine.

I have his number if u want it u need to call me.

tnjet
02-06-2022, 07:36 PM
I'll give you a call

Thanks

tnjet
02-06-2022, 07:51 PM
I was not able to contact your friend. Mailbox was full, so no opportunity to leave a message.

Thanks for trying anyway......

PrevostNewbie
02-06-2022, 07:52 PM
If it's the Leon from Marathon, I was told he has passed away.

Dthomas9572
02-06-2022, 08:59 PM
Doug at Marathon in Dallas is great...he replace my last year

Ck2hans
02-07-2022, 08:44 AM
Copied this from a post some time ago for repair/replacement DDEC. Link worked up until recently. I am not that good of a computer Wize. Maybe someone can figure out something form this older link.

Chuck

Page not found – Diesel Control Service (https://www.dieselcontrolservice.com/detroit-diesel-ecm-services/detroit-diesel/detroit-diesel-ddec-iv-ddec-v-internal-lithium-battery-replacement/)

tnjet
02-07-2022, 09:00 AM
yeah.....I have called and left messages for those guys with no luck. I think they are no longer in business. Since posting this, I have figured out that you don't really need a battery in the ECU for DDEC 4 and DDEC 5. Its there only as a backup in case of power failure to keep the fault log and driver log up to date. I really don't care about those things, so my plan is to pull the ECU off the motor, crack it open and clip out the battery (hopefully before it starts leaking).

Detroit Diesel has a TSB out that recommends dealers "disabling the alarm for low backup battery". In discussing with my local dealer, its a simple 30 second fix once connected to the ECU. I think I have a path forward, just need to catch some good weather to do the physical work.