PDA

View Full Version : Run The Wobasto

Norman Martin
02-02-2022, 04:14 PM
My freshwater tank is empty. Is it ok to run the wobasto?

Norman Martin
2000 CC 60408

georgiapeachinc
02-03-2022, 07:01 AM
Freshwater tank has no connection to the wabasto system. You can run it. If your hot water tank is in the loop you wont have any hot water. On that note it might be prudent to shut off the valve from the wabasto line that runs into the hot water tank. I'm not sure if there would be any damage to the hot water tank with hot wabasto fluid running thru it with no fresh water in the water heater tank.
Someone else may be able to clarify that aspect of the system.

Norman Martin
02-03-2022, 11:00 AM
Thanks for the information.

Norman Martin

Hoffman
02-03-2022, 04:21 PM
There should be no issue with running Webasto with no water in your fresh tank. B

As for your hot water heater, this is still true, no problem.
The Webasto is just heating up the Coolant that runs thru the coolant lines which eventually run thru your hot water heater and this is no different than those same lines that run thru the vehicle chassis from front/back/etc. If there's no water in your hot water heater, as suggested you could turn off the Hot Water heater section of the Webasto lines if such a capability exists in your Webasto lines, this would have been a feature your finisher would have provided, not Prevost.

PrevostNewbie
02-03-2022, 10:07 PM
On my 92, I have 2 solenoid valves (one for each heater) to control the coolant flow thru my Water heaters. Up in front I have 2 pushbuttons, If the Webasto is On, and the water heater buttons are off, I don't get circulation thru the water heaters. If I turn either switch on, coolant will flow thru the water heaters. If the Webasto is On and my hot water switch is on, my electric heating elements will not turn on. The only danger i see with running that Webasto circuit is making sure your heater element don't turn on without water in the water heater.

Norman Martin
02-09-2022, 04:57 PM
Ran the wobasto during the last cold spell here in Dallas, thanks for the information.

Norman Martin
2000 CC