PDA

View Full Version : Ring and Pinion

Joe Cannarozzi
04-25-2007, 09:15 AM
While some people are out and about enjoying the fruits of their labors there are others who would like to be.

Heres what I've been up to while you are all enjoying Texas.

This was the culprit. Our single screws in our busses do not have this equipment. This is out of the front rear end in a twin screw. Its the front of the front rear-end, the nose cone, its where the power divider is.

After 900000+ it failed on me right in the yard, empty:) I felt a bind and then heard crunching while backing out of the wash bay Monday.

The rear-rearend is very similar to the ones in our busses and is much less complicated and expensive. The repair on it is 179 for the bearing and seal kit, 100 to have a shop install it, I did the R and R. A bran new Eaton single screw (just the pig) is 1650. I wiped the ring and pinion down with a rag and can not even see a wear pattern. That is a direct result of SYNTHETIC lubricants. 5 gal. bucket of Syn.90wt is 115, rear holds 4, is worth every penny.

Going back togeather today, send more pics. later.

Have fun everyone and have a safe trip home.

Joe Cannarozzi
04-26-2007, 08:18 PM
Heres the rear-rearend going back in. This is what the one in the bus looks like. This one is an Eaton and I think there are Rockwells in the bus but they are very similar.